Shouldn't SetView to Perspective change the Cplane to World Top?

I’ve noticed that if I’m in Perspective, and then SetView to something else (something where the Cplane is something other than World Top), and then Setview back to Perspective, the Cplane stays the same as whatever it was in the previous view.

Is it supposed to do this? Shouldn’t it change to World Top when I SetView back to Perspective?

Torcplane weird.3dm (132.3 KB)

In Options>View, see if “Named views set CPlane” is checked…

1 Like

ahhhhhh… yes. It was checked. I unchecked it and it’s working how I wanted it to now.

(though I don’t really see why setting the view to “Perspective” wouldn’t qualify as a named view and then set the cplane to world top).

Thank you, Helvetosaur!

Wwwait… It’s now unchecked and it when you set a viewport to Perspective, it sets the Top CPlane?

It shouldn’t do that, quite the opposite, it’s supposed to do that only when checked… If unchecked, it is supposed to keep the previous CPlane in that viewport.

–Mitch

1 Like

Yeah, that does seem backwards but that’s what happened. Let me play with it for a second.

Best,

Tor

Yeah, I checked it and now when I set the view back to Perspective it keeps the Cplane of whatever view had been previously selected.

Maybe there’s some redundant option that I have checked?

Best

Tor

Okay, I looked a little closer, and with Named Views Set Cplane unchecked when I switch to a different view with SetView it just stays at whatever it was at before.

In other words, acting like it’s supposed to.

But it still doesn’t set to World Top when I go to Perspective.

Best,

Tor

Okay, it was working for a second as it should, then I saved, and now it’s not working.

Maybe it’s a bug with v6.

Best,

Tor