Shatter or Subcurve component does not work properly

Hi all,

I am having some issues with both the shatter and subcurve component. Solutions to either one will be okay, I dont need both, as long as one works.

• Issue one: I have 2 polylines. One with 10 points, the other with 20, but both are 20 meters long and a straight line. I want to split the curve at x = 4, 8, 12, 16. But, for some reason, I can not use parameters for the shatter component, or domains for the subcurve component that extends the number of points. So for the polyline with 10 points, i can only split the curve in between 0 and 10, and not in between 10 and 20. I also would like to know if it is possible to define the parameters and the domain normalized, so in between 0 and 1, but I cannot find an option for that.

Is my shatter and subcurve component functioning properly?
subcurve or shatter.gh (11.2 KB)

Hi,

Your polyline is not 20m long, it has 15 unevenly spaced points. So the parameter space is not a linear function of the points indices.

To get parameters from points, use Curve Closest Point.
If you want to normalize parameters in [0,1], right clic on a Curve parameter and choose Reparameterize.

subcurve or shatter.gh (19.3 KB)

1 Like

Thank you so much man, had been stuck on this for so long, now I finally got it!!