Shaded View (Mac M1 Max, Rhino 7) fancy display bugs

Hi i am testing my new Mac work environment.
New mac, newest OSX (12.1) and newest Rhino 7 Version 7.13.213…
When i open some files that are NOT Damaged (i tested it with WIP 8 and Rhino 7 on Intel Macs) i get some fancy looking surfaces appearing by moving the perspektive view. By rotating the view, these surfaces disappear and some others appear. ist really like disco lights.
There is no reason for these surfaces, as my geometry is clean!!

maybe this is helpful for you.
thx

We’ve seen this recently. Is it possible to send us the file? Rhino - Upload to Support

Thanks for reporting.

i just sent you the/a file that causes this problem.
thx

Having Similar issues on Mac M1 Max in Rhino 7 and Rhino 8 WIP (when TestMetal is not activated).

Shows in Wireframe, Shaded, Ghosted, and X-Ray views.
Does not show up in Rendered or Arctic views.

Same problem here
Helps when I delete any meshes in the model.
Rhino 7 is sluggish in rendered for me with a larger model (m1max 32gb) rhino 8 a little better. Testmetal super fast although global illumination not quite there so in rendered looks like rhino 5 as standard. Hoping more updates solves in time. Also experiencing some clipping plane problems in WIP R8

The problem is being investigated!

I have a similar bug on my M1 Max machine when there is IGES geometry present.

I was also experiencing glitchy / slow pan and orbit behavior.

When I hid those assets, the bug went away. So far I’ve had no issues with geometry created with Rhino.

OS 12.1 - Rhino 7.14.22010.17002, 2022-01-10

#bug

#IGES

Make sure you’re up to date and getting the weekly releases if you are experiencing this display issue. There will be a follow up on this thread as well. Thanks.

Thanks! I just changed to ‘service release candidate’ so I get the newest version of rhino, and upgraded osX to 12.2

I’m still experiencing slower previewing and some display artifacts with mesh files after these updates, but I can just hide these assets for now.

Should I download TestMetal?

Thank you-

just type the command TestMetal this will toggle Metal on and off.

Akash

hi, i just installed all new updates. now running version 7.15.22029.15002.
but for me nothing changed. same artefacts.

Hi Simeon -

As Japhy wrote, there will be a follow-up on this thread. We have the issue on the list as RH-66818 (which is not visible to the public) and this thread is referenced. When the issue gets resolved, this thread will be notified.
-wim