Serious trouble opening my Rhino 7 files

Hi,
I am having trouble opening older Rhino Project files (created before July 2022).
I dont have problems with newer files (even with vray assets/materials and big file sizes (600 + MB) from late July and Auguts 2022. They open within very few seconds.

Some older files open well too, some (even with only 50 MB) open after 20 minutes and some dont open at all. All i see then is Rhino with a black screen and rotating blue circle.
Even files from the same day, that I have incrementally saved behave differently. Some open, the next don t. :confused:
The Rhino support could not reproduce it.
What I have tried so far with no success:
-Updated drivers and graphic card drivers
-Lowered OpenGl settings in Rhino.
-Imported those files rather than opening them
-Tried to open in safe mode
-Disabled Vray Plugin
-Disabled Plugins that dont come with Rhino

No success at all.

Does anyone maybe has a tip what I could additionally try ?

Thanks in advance,
Gunther

Rhinoceros : Version 7 SR21 (2022-07-27)
Vray: 5.20.06
Windows 10 64 bit, 21H2
Grpahic Card: Nvidia RTX 3060

SystemInfo:

Rhino 7 SR21 2022-7-27 (Rhino 7, 7.21.22208.13001, Git hash:master @ c31aea87137a5d0de449338a7ef6856f49dd4797)
License type: Kommerziell, Build 2022-07-27
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 10 (10.0.19044 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP

Standard graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 (NVidia) Memory: 12GB, Driver date: 7-21-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 516.94
> Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 2x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 7-21-2022
Driver Version: 31.0.15.1694
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 12 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Chaos Group\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\V7\VRayForRhino.rhp “V-Ray for Rhino”

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.21.22208.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.21.22208.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.21.22208.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.21.22208.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.21.22208.13001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Seems like something in the files is causing the issue.

How about SelBadObjects?

If you get a slow file open can save in wireframe or with objects turned off does that help?

Purge and resave the file?

Exporting portions of the file to try and narrow down the issue?

Hi Japhy,
I will try that with a 100 MB file that takes 8 minutes to open. But actually these were perfectly fine when I worked on them last time. No issues. No change were made on them.
And some small simple files wont open at all…

Can you zip and send us one of the problematic files? Please paste a link to this thread in the upload description as well.

If you have a small example file uploading to the forum would be helpful as well, particularly in the Vray aspect.

upload privately to mcneel

I have uploaded a zip file with examples.
Gotta find a file that is below 20 MB for the forum though.
In the zip is a recently created file that i can open fast (within 50 seconds) and render with vray without any issues…and some older files that I cannot open or that take ages to open or save.

1 Like

Hi @g.kleinert,

I’d consider hardware issues:

Are all the files stored on the same drive?
Is the drive in your pc, on a server, on a NAS or in the cloud?
Have you run CHKDSK on a disk drive or any diagnosics on a SSD?

Regards
Jeremy

So far with these 3 the longest one to open takes 10-15 seconds.

My SystemInfo

Rhino 7 SR22 2022-8-9 (Rhino 7, 7.22.22221.05001, Git hash:master @ 05abcc088fb84e0c3c2a5b9b063bd4a14a3fb17f)
License type: Commercial, build 2022-08-09
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 10 (10.0.19044 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 64Gb)

Computer platform: LAPTOP - Plugged in [100% battery remaining]

Non-hybrid graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 6-23-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 516.59
> Integrated accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display is laptop’s integrated screen or built-in port

Secondary graphics devices.
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 (Intel) Memory: 1GB, Driver date: 6-1-2021 (M-D-Y).
> Integrated graphics device with 3 adapter port(s)
- There are no monitors attached to this device. Laptop lid is probably closed

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 6-23-2022
Driver Version: 31.0.15.1659
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\Twinmotion Direct Link 2020.2 (e24ee14a-9514-47da-8fe6-f6e61b20160e)\Twinmotion Direct Link 2020.rhp “Twinmotion Direct Link 2020” 1.0.6.0
C:\Users\jw\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins\VoxelMesh (c40b0849-f145-4aaa-adec-897c8b9575f6)\1.0.0.0\VoxelMesh.rhp “VoxelMesh” 1.0.0.0
C:\Users\jw\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\AntFarmIO\0.0.24-beta\AntFarmIO.rhp “AntFarmIO” 0.0.24.0
C:\Users\jw\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\AntFarm\0.0.24-beta\AntFarm.rhp “AntFarm” 0.0.24.0
C:\Users\jw\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\ElefrontProperties.rhp “ElefrontProperties” 1.0.0.0
C:\Program Files\Bongo 2.0 (64-bit)\Rhino6\Bongo.20.rhp “Bongo 2.0”
C:\Users\jw\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\NVIDIADenoiser\0.4.3\NVIDIADenoiser.Windows.rhp “NVIDIADenoiser.Windows” 0.4.3.0

Hi Jeremy,
thanks for the message.
They are on our server. Because I thought that this could be an issue i copied them to my local ssd drive (built in) same issues. We have recently got everything copied to an other Server by our admin. This could be a reason but I can open newer and bigger files that I have been creating before that transferring process to the new server. Those are working fine.
But I ll check for possible ssd issues. !

Hmm thats really weird. I also compared your sys info with mine. no big difference I think.

All of the files pop right up in a few seconds. A few have missing vray materials so that may be an avenue to pursue (change the path and see if its a material issue)

Yes thats exactly how I experienced it in the past. not big deal with some vray mats missing…
could it be something with a Windows 10 update or something ?

I checked the ssd. should be ok/no issues with it (CHKSK on windows tool):confused:

If you have the same issues with the same files running each location it isn’t going to be drive related.

Do you have access to another PC with Rhino on the same network so you could see if the files behave the same way there?

3rd party here…

I am not sure if this is related but we just had the same issue with MasterCAM after a recent windows update. The files that previously opened quickly were now taking up to an hour to load.

The solution (finally) was to purge all the files in both Windows temp directory and the temp directory in the user profile area.

Suddenly it worked again.

File permission issue maybe? Who knows.

-Greg

@stevebaer ???

Somehow this seems like something that could be important for you and other developers to know, so I bring it to your attention.

I suspect this has something to do with your vray materials. Rename the material folder so we can eliminate that variable. Like i said, ALL your files opened up in less than 15 seconds.

Did this issue just start after upgrading to the latest Rhino service release? 7.21

Hi Steve,
I am not super certain about it. It occured after the Rhino Update, I also had a Windows update and all our Server files were copied to a new server. But I cannot tell as I wasnt working on those “problem” older files shortly before. I also adressed that to our Admin and he ll give me access to the old fileserver to take the files from there to check if that file transportation may be the issue…

Hi Japhy,
I will check. Which folder do you mean ?

Hi Greg,
thanks for oyur message !
I would like to try that out. Could you explain it a bit more, I dont quite understand the part with the “purging ll the files in both Windows temp directory and the temp directory in the user profile area”
Thank you