Selection filter toggle Points

Hi everybody,

could anybody help me putting the Selectionfilter as a toggle on a key, like F4?
When I am working on SubD it is driving me crazy, that I have to close the window that pops up, to turn back to “normal”.
grafik

Thanks and sorry if I was too stupid to search/find
Best

Press and hold Alt key.

There is another option: you can click Disable button on the bottom to reverse the Alt key behavior.

(By the way, osnaps work the same way.)

Hi @andrew.nowicki ,

probably I do not understand. Do you mean without the selectionfilter, like when pressing shift and control?

I am not aware that holding Alt toggles the enable/disable of the selection filter… only object snaps.

1 Like

The macro to toggle the SelectionFilter dialog is as follows: '_SelectionFilter

You can also create macros for individual object types using the dash version of the command
-_SelectionFilter plus all of the command line options you want to activate/deactivate.

Thanks for your answer @Helvetosaur !
Is it possible to have selectionfilter_ Points and selectionfilter disable(or whatever brings it back to normal)on the same key? I am not at a pc right now… Tomorrow I will try my best

You are correct. The Alt key disables all selections - maybe it is a bug?

Do you mean right clicking an item? That inverses the selection

To a limited extent, yes. Unfortunately the SelectionFilter is not all that easily macro-able. You can set it to toggle the dialog box on and off (which makes it active/inactive) with a particular certain setting. However, it is not possible with the same macro to bring back the “full-on” setting afterwards. So a macro like this will toggle the dialog and set it to “only points”:

_NoEcho
'_-SelectionFilter
_ShowDialog
_Curves=_No 
_Surfaces=_No 
_Polysurfaces=_No
_SubDs=_No
_Meshes=_No
_Annotations=_No
_Lights=_No
_Blocks=_No
_Points=_Yes
_ControlPoints=_No
_PointClouds=_No
_Hatches=_No
_Others=_No
_ Subobjects=_No
_DisableFilter=_No
_Enter

The above will set “only points” and toggle visibility ( and thus enable/disable) each time you run it.

Another variant might be:

_NoEcho
'_-SelectionFilter
_ShowDialog=_Yes
_Curves=_No 
_Surfaces=_No 
_Polysurfaces=_No
_SubDs=_No
_Meshes=_No
_Annotations=_No
_Lights=_No
_Blocks=_No
_Points=_Yes
_ControlPoints=_No
_PointClouds=_No
_Hatches=_No
_Others=_No
_ Subobjects=_No
_DisableFilter
_Enter

Which keeps the dialog open but simply toggles the enable/disable setting. However, if you want to reset the filter dialog to ‘all’ afterwards you need a different macro:

NoEcho
'_-SelectionFilter
_SetAll
_Yes
_Enter

I am going to look into the possibility of scripting this, it looks like the settings are exposed in RhinoCommon.

thanks again @Helvetosaur ,
a problem seems to be that for editing SubD Vertices, I need to turn on SubObjects, which messes eversthing else up, I want to move.
Like so often, something which seems very basic turns out way more complicated…
Thanks again for your time!