Select Similar Function

Is there a workaround the lack of “select similar” tool in Rhino - could be so useful in making sense out of complex imported geometry into rhino, where lots of similar objects are just found in the default layer.
It exist in Autocad!

Hello - how do you want to determine similarity?

-Pascal

Similarity can be determined in several ways, among then number of points/vertices, surface area, copied objects - just to name a few. These can be selectable options from the option menu, just as it is found in any rhino command option in the menu bar. This function already exists in AUTOCAD - one can get inspired from there (in case of any doubt of how to use this selectable option.

No one seems interested to reply…

Hi,

I know this function is very frequently used by Autocad users, I can see why. If implemented into Rhino, it would also become frequently used. These are the options offered in Autocad…please add!
Screenshot 2023-05-31 073846

Still haven’t defined what is expected with “similar”. If defined as “same type of…” most of these are either available natively or with a small script - for example SelColor allows you to select all objects of the same color as the selected object…

Select similar in CAD is multifold - and someone did post above the select similar parameters dialogue box shown in CAD. However, my settings don’t show that box. When I use select similar it is selecting by type on the same layer. Hope this helps, cause selectsimilar would be an amazing addition to Rhino 3D!