Section tools

Do I have section tools in mac?

1 Like

Section Tools in Rhino V4 is now part of Paneling Tools in Rhino V5. Also see this thread.

MARTIN, THANKS FOR YOU RREPLAY, I STILL HAVEN´T BEEN ABLE TO MAKE IT WORK.
BUT I CAN NOT FIND THE COMAND ST-CREATE IN PANELLING TOOLS
CAN YOU TELL WHAT TO TYPE IN ORDER TO MAKE IT WORK?

Hi Ana,
SectionTools is not part of the Mac at the moment. You can only access the SectionTools plugin with Rhino for Windows.

Hi Rajaa,

are there any plans to bring section tools to Rhino Mac?

Paneling tools are in the WIP [commands only]

1 Like

Hi @Akash,

I think you want to show me the paneling tools, right? But I think there is no way to use them as replacement for section tools, right? Or did I missed something?

@rajaa, Are there any plans to bring the section tools to the mac. Maybe they are integrated in the layout features?

Thanks

@atzepe we have plans to look into ways to incorporate SectionTools in Rhino Make2D, ClippingPlane and Layout without duplicating the functionality in multiple commands.

4 Likes

Hi @rajaa,

this sounds great. What do you think, when we will be able to enjoy these features?

@atzepe I started experimenting with “Elevation” test command in Rhino 6 Beta for Wndows. If you have access to it, maybe you can try and let me know your thoughts?

@rajaa, No sorry I have only rhino mac. I´m just looking for smart way to get usable and dynamic plans, sections and 2D stuff from my 3D objects. I´m not really happy with the workaround right now. Pdf creation over the printing dialogue. Maybe I didnt get the right way until now. And maybe the next WIP will bring the layout features but until now it is a kind of strange.

Thanks for your support.

2 Likes

Layout features were released today!

1 Like

Oh yeah…cant wait to play around with them. Thanks alot @mcneel

Any update on section tools for Mac?

1 Like

No SectionTools for Mac.

There was a suggestion earlier in this thread the the functionality would be merged with another tool. Is that still planned? I know there are a number of feature requests for improving clipping frames so perhaps it all ties together?

1 Like

How is this functionality performed on a Mac?

My understanding is we do not support Section Tools in Rhino for Mac. @rajaa can correct me if I’m wrong.

That is correct, there are no plans at the moment to support ST in Rhino for Mac.

Something like section tools for Rhino Mac would be amazing! I am working on a large and complex refurbishment and have decided to try Rhino as a drafting as well as modelling tool at least for the early design stages as it contains many complex geometries. I know there is integration with ArchiCAD, but would love if the functionality in Rhino was developed to the point where things like dynamic sections were part of the basic package. Have used it in Windows and it’s a really nice feature to include in Rhino generally.