SectionTools for Rhino 6.0 WIP

Hi all,
SectionTools plugin for Rhino 6.0 WIP for Windows is now available. Please download the installer and give it a try. Let me know if you have any questions. You can download from SectionTools wiki page, or Food4Rhino, or directly following the download link…

Release Notes for SectionTools_10_12_2017:

• SectionTools is now compiled against the public SDK. This will help with quick updates and improvements independent of the Rhino release cycle.
  • SectionTools V6 will read sections saved in earlier versions, but there is no backward compatibility.
  • Removed stMake2D command. Rhino Make2D now supports clipping planes and can work with SectionTools.
  • stCreateArray now allows picking a location, then change options, update location if needed, and Enter to accept.
  • Added “Width” option to stNestLayout command. This will help stack sections and fit within a sheet.
  • stReport added two new columns in the excel sheet to show x,y,z locations of each section base and also the section plane normal as a vector.
  • Fixed a couple IO bugs.
4 Likes

Hatch Pattern doesnt appear as an option when “hatch” or “both” selected…

It does show here. I just posted a new release today. Can you install this one and let me know if it is not working?

A new release is now available for download from here…
Please share your feedback and suggestions.

New in this Release Oct 16, 2017:

• Added stMake2D and it should work just like V5 allowing to select objects and caps (in locked section layers).
  • Combined the 3 clear view commands into one stClearSectionViews with “All” option to clear selected sections from all views.
  • Toolbars now install with the plugin. If you run _Toolbars command, you will see SectionTools on the list.
  • Manual is installed with the plugin. You can find in the plugin folder: %AppData%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Plug-ins\SectionTools (fbdb1d7f-8cfb-42c1-9858-87cb6315932c)

thanks Rajaa, now its working fine!

1 Like

When I move a section that has a 2d layout the sections disapears… and the 2d layout remains…

Is it normal?

p.d. thanks for all your work!!

Do you move the section with stMoveSections command? Usually layout update when you call stUpdateAllSections. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Yes, I use stMoveSections, it works fine if there’s no 2d layout created, i can move correctly.

If I create a 2d layout and use stMoveSections the section disapears and the old 2d layout remains…

Can you please share your file? It will be great help if you can also indicate where you move the section to.

Thanks!!
Today I’m teaching rhino but asap I’ll send a file with screenshots of the
icons I tried

Thanks again!!!

This plug-in free?
Than this plug-in is useful?
My Rhino 5, the latest version of this plug-in will work for me?

Yes it is free. It should work with your Rhino 5. You can watch the quick overview video, and flip through the manual to see if it is useful for you. Please let us know if you need any help.

1 Like

Something like symmetry, history - so?

I am not sure I understand your question. Can you elaborate?

Well for example, at the included history I reflect a half of an object on some axis and then it is updated at change of the first party.

I am not sure what the question is. Are you asking about SectionTools, or other functionality in Rhino? Can you share a file with steps of what you are trying to achieve, then point out any issues or questions you have.

_

Helps create sections that update with model changes

_

I only am interested - what opportunities at addition… :wink:

It depends on what kind of work you do. If your work requires creating sections and extract their 2D projections (layouts), and you need sections and projects to update dynamically wit model changes, then SectionTools might be of use to you.

1 Like