Section Box issue

Hi all,
I have tested the same section box definition on the Revit sample file, it works.
However, when I use it on my project file. the section box orientation
is not right…I wonder why…did I miss something?
Does it have something to do with the True North/Project North?
How can I make the Rhino and Revit’s section box match?

Without more information its hard to be specific, but yes, if the project is using different coordinate you’ll need to transform the geometry from Rhino 0,0 plane to the Revit coordinates used via the Orient3D component.

Use the Project Location component to get the Revit Coordinates being used.

Hi Japhy,
The location is right, if I set to Survey Point. But the problem is the section box won’t follow the rhino box’s orientation.
I think it is because the ‘View Section Box’ doesn’t directly take the rhino box as the section box. Seems like it take the rhino box as an object, then found this object’s bounding box base on Revit’s ‘world plane’. So the orientation will never be able to match Rhino’s.

Even though I try to rotate the box before feed it into ‘View Section Box’…

Survey Point is the name but its actually a Plane, a Point doesn’t hold any rotation information, cast to a Plane instead of Point.

I guess the issue is on the “View Section Box”, not on the “Project Location”…
Even though I make the box’s orientation right before feed into the “View Section Box”, the “View Section Box” will still have its own “world plane” within this component.

Section Boxes.gh (13.5 KB)

I’m not sure if you are fighting the box creation or the Revit project orientation (or both).

Can you post a small example?

Hi Japhy, my goal is to save the Revit Section Box in Rhino, then some day I can pass the right Section Box(not the box geometry) back to Revit.

But no matter what I do, when it pass back to Revit, the Section box will never on the right orientation.

Using “Survey Point” to pass the section box back to Revit, it is not with the right orientation.

Using “Project Base Point” to pass the section box back to Revit, it is not with the right orientation.
View Section Box
You can see that even I rotate the Rhino Section Box, the Revit Section Box’s orientation is never match with the Rhino Section Box.
Is it an issue of the Project North?

A small example would be helpful. Thanks