Script compiler - How to load plugin at startup

Hi all,
I am compiling a plugin with the Monkey script compiler and I need the plugin to load at startup. Is there a way to do this?

gr, Tobias

Hi Tobias,

Are you (still) using this?

https://wiki.mcneel.com/developer/monkeyscriptcompiler

– Dale

Hi Dale,
No, sorry, I am still used to call it Monkey… :wink:
But in fact I use the RhinoScript compiler for Rhino 5, 2nd beta

gr, Tobias

Hi @tobias,

Reading thru this long thread:

Rhino Script Compiler for Rhino5, second Beta

and running thru the tool, I don’t seen an option for setting the plug-in to load when Rhino loads.

Why do you need to do this?

– Dale

Hi Dale,
Thanks for your answer, and sorry for my late reply

Why I need this… I have subs and functions in a procedure library and scripts which just call those subs to get the plugin commands.

The problem with this is that the commands won’t work when the library isn’t loaded, and “Load on demand” won’t load the plugin library.

I hope it’s a bit clear what I mean…?

gr, Tobias

Hi @tobias,

There doesn’t appear to be a way of doing this using the script compiler. But the first time your script is run, it is certainly capable of loading other scripts to they are cached and ready to go.

– Dale

For now I solved it adding a startup command, but we want to distribute the script with an installer and adding a startup command with the script will mess up configurations of people who use already startup commands.

I hope that the script compiler will get some love in the future. Being able to set a version number when compiling as a RHI and the possibility to load a plugin at startup would be the most important improvements IMO.

thanks anyway,
Tobias