[This post is derived from this wiki page, but that page can be hard to find, so the information is repeated here.]
First, please search this forum to see if your problem is mentioned and add your own comment to the topic, or you can click Create Topic at the top of the forums page to start a new topic.
There are also a number of wiki pages just for the Mac. One of the wiki pages is Frequently Asked Questions - a good resource for common problems.
To include files with your post such as screen shots or a .3dm file, at the top of ** Create a new topic** window, click the Upload button <img src="/uploads/default/original/3X/e/1/e157c1de976873964b9356e48a07e3b04ad85385.png" width=“24” height=“24”>.
<h3>How to write a great bug report
We want to fix the problems you see, but first we have to duplicate the problem. Writing a great bug report helps us do that. Include as much detail as possible, even if it seems obvious to you. Assume you are the only person having the problem.
A great bug report includes:
- Each step you perform to reproduce the problem. When running
commands, note whether you ran a command from the application, or
typed a command. Be specific when describing the command you start.
- What happened after each step.
- What you wish happened instead.
- A model that demonstrates the problem.
- A screenshot of the problem.
- A description of your hardware and Rhino version:
a. Open the Rhino Preferences panel.
b. Select the OpenGL tab. This displays a description of your computer.
c. Click the Copy to clipboard button. This copies the contents of the tab to your clipboard.
d. Paste the copied computer description into the post.
- Does this problem happen with every model, or just a certain model? If the problem is with just some models, we will need a copy of your model to duplicate the problem.
<h3>Sending a large file to us
If you have a small file that would help us find a problem, you can attach it to your post in this forum.
If your file is very large:
- Go to the McNeel File Upload web page.
- Enter your information and use email@example.com as the recipient address at McNeel, and be verbose in your description of your problem.