Rhino + VRay mapping channel and blend surface problems

Hi guys,

I’m trying to create a single surface which contains two components: An ocean displacement map and a bitmap image that spans the dimensions of the surface exactly. No matter what settings I try there doesn’t seem to be a way to map 2 different object dimensions to the same surface.

For example: if my surface is 2000m x 2000m and my bitmap is mapped to this surface with the same dimensions 2000m x 2000m, there doesn’t seem to be any way to simultaneously include a 500m x 500m repeating ocean displacement map on the same surface. I’ve been through both VRay’s blend material settings, made sure to set each bitmap’s mapping channel (1 or 2) and also Rhino’s mapping preferences to correspond to the mapping channel for each map. Selecting the multiple mapping channel preference and creating 2 channels is as far as I can get - no matter what map I create it always seems to override itself and I’m going in circles.

As it is with these things maybe there is one small setting I’m overlooking somewhere due to the fact that there are also 2 levels of settings I have to figure out between the programs - I have a feeling it shouldn’t be that hard to accomplish something like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could make a test and use one map for bump and one for diffuse color. Doe’s it work?

Never I have used a blend material. I use the layers of a single material most. What effect did you try to get?