Rhino viewer

Qi Su is the CEO and Co-Founder of Modelo. Modelo viewer price is $70 for 1 month. I believe that the best long-term solution is X3D file format.

1 Like

There is also this open source project viewer: Online Rhino Viewer

4 Likes

Hello!!!
I need a 3dm viewer, to read my rhino files from the production area by workers…
Do you think it’s possible to make a configuration of tools in rhino, with only measure, and read only, desactivate all others tools… maybe a script can do it, no?

I believe many folks use the Rhino evaluation for this. After it expires it won’t write so it can’t alter the original file. It still has all the commands though, so the person viewing can still mess up his computer’s internal instance of the file. The cure would, of course, be to re-read the file.

Maybe try iRhino
on an iPad

[you can search for it here on the forum, it’s pretty great]

it is not possible to put Apple equipment in our production workshops… irhino is a cloud solution, and I cannot put all the modeling of our projects on the cloud, the files are relatively large and numerous…

I don’t have time to train people in rhino… maybe I could create a script when launching rhino that would deactivate all the toolbars, leaving the one I want or making a toolbar appear custom tools, which I would define… is this something feasible?

You can also store and open files from the file app [local] or your local network.

I don’t think there will be a none Apple version anytime soon.
[And you’d be missing on a very good solution made by the Rhino Devs… ]

It is not.

Hi Franck -

It’s not possible to deactivate commands but you can simply close any toolbar that you don’t want anyone to use accidently.
-wim

to use irhino, we don’t have to upload .3dm file on an account? we can open files from our server?.. i tried some years ago, and it was not possible… maybe it changed or I did’nt know how…

We have never hosted user files.

Here they are accessing a one-drive. OneDrive integration missing on iPad Pro - #6 by wllmvrtt

ok… Irhino seems to be a good thing but it’s apple, and i don’t have ipad in my production workshops…

so…