Rhino showing "Please Wait… Updating toolbars” splash at start

Hi,

I am experiencing exactly the same as in this thread but on Rhino 6.
Started happening after recent update.

Rhino 6 SR30 2020-9-29 (Rhino 6, 6.30.20273.13471

• Lunching Rhino as admin did not help.
  • Checked C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\UI folder and everything looks ok.

That’s normal the first time you start a newly installed update. Do you mean it’s showing that box EVERY time you start Rhino?

Yes.

@brian: Apparently it’s back. And in time for Halloween too. Or is it normal to have this show up at this stage of the development cycle? :wink:

Hi @ShynnSup, thanks for letting me know.

That this is happening in 6.30 is a little strange; it doesn’t happen for me.

Can you please:

1. Open RegEdit (from the Windows Start button, type RegEdit then press Enter
  2. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\Install and delete the rhiexec folder
  3. Start Rhino

You should see that window once when Rhino starts, and the rhiexec folder in the registry should reappear. After that, Rhino shouldn’t show that window again.

If you see it again, please send me a screenshot of the rhiexec folder.

Mmm bad news, didn’t work and the folder did not reappear :grimacing:

Weird. I wonder if your registry key has non-default permissions that would prevent this setting from being written? That would explain all of this behavior.

To find out, right-click the Install folder then click Properties. There should be a permissions tab.

Permissions get inherited from parent folders, so you may need to work your way up the chain to see what the highest level one that has bad permissions is.

Hi Brian, I checked, everything looks normal. By that I mean that permissions are exactly the same as Rhino 7 Install folder. I also checked other installed software, all the same permissions as Rhino 6.

Should I re create the rhiexec key manually?

1 Like

No, that shouldn’t affect it.

Oh, I think I know what this is… do you have Rhino WIP installed?

Yes I do.

OK, there’s a bug that should be fixed in tomorrow’s WIP that will fix this.

1 Like

RH-60806 is fixed in the latest BETA

Nice! Will this still happen in my Rhino 6? @brian

@ShynnSup please uninstall both Rhino 6 and Rhino BETA, then reinstall both and the problem should go away.

I uninstalled Rhino BETA and it stopped! Phew :sweat_smile:

1 Like