Rhino Pop Up toolbar transfer

How can I transfer my “pop up toolbar” from one computer to another? I have been searching the internets far and wide for a solution and I cannot find one. Why does rhino make this so hard? I just need to transfer my pop up toolbar…

Hello,
Popup is part of default toolbar !
Custom toolbar can be set in “Rhino Options” under “Mouse” !
Save your new custom toolbar with a name your choice.
But bevor you set it, toolbar must be known, 1. import -> 2. set it…

Screenshot Rhino V4

Best regards

1 Like

This explanation has helped me out annualy when I have this issue :slight_smile:
Thanks Eddi & Josh

nothing to thank for, YW

Even though this is the best explanation I can find, it is still somewhat cryptic.

1. How exactly do you save/export/your Popup? There is a settings.ini, an options.ini, a .rui file etc.

2. What does “toolbar must be known” mean?

3. How exactly do you import your saved Popup or default toolbar? what file type is it.

4. Is there any way to have your settings, menus, Popup, etc saved within your ZOO License so it loads those profiles when you log into your Rhino account? This would be particularly useful when multiple workers/students are using the same computer at different times, and different computers at home versus work and want to have their custom settings, but not change other peoples custom settings.

1 Like

Im not native english speaker, therefore somewhat that im write is cryptically readable.
With a little luck it can be deciphered :joy:

If the Default Toolbar (that ships with Rhino) has been modified, then the modification is automatically stored in location as described below.
So if You modify default Popup (that ships with Rhino) is still an instance of Default Toolbar and is automatically stored in location as described below.
Example, so if these files are copied to another User, another user will get the same Toolbar modifications.

Default Toolbar that ships with Rhino is located here:
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\UI

Toolbar Positions and Scheme are writen in XML, is located here:
C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\settings

Notice: …\AppData.…is a system directory, by default hidden in Explorer, so unhide first. To work inside system directory, administartor rights are required.
Working this way is recommended only for admins.

This means: A completely new self-defined toolbar can be exported and given to another user. For this task, no administrator rights are needed. This toolbar only needs to be imported from anywhere.
Example: Toolbar exported as MyHunterstabler.rui

Complementary from Mitch and Pascal

Command _Toolbar
File → Import → Search for MyHunterstabler.rui
After the shared toolbar is imported and loaded, it can be set as a Popup.
“Rhino Options” under “Mouse” !

ZOO is a license server only.
Rhino works as local installation and settings are controled inside user accounts.

Better understandable ?

1 Like

Thank you for this detail. It is very helpful, and hopefully will benefit others as well.