Rhino not starting, possible plugin issue?

Hi there,

I’m hoping someone may be able to help me.

My Rhino7 was working fine last night, however when I go to open Rhino today, or any of my existing saved rhino files, it doesn’t open.

There has been a few times after trying to open the program where I’ve recieved an error message “it appears rhino failed to load the plug in_____” followed by a plugin name, and then asks me if I want to stop using the plugin. I have clicked yes to a few plug ins that have popped up, however it hasn’t resolved the issue.

When I try to open Rhino, the usual loading screen pops up, however I’ve noticed at the bottom when it mentions it is loading a plugin, it freezes and thats when it crashes and refuses to open anything (I have attached a photo highlighting the message that freezes)

I have tried restarting my laptop, repaired the program via control panel, and even have uninstalled and reinstalled Rhino, to which nothing so far has worked.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I’m currently mid-semester & this is the last thing I need right now haha.

Thank you!!

Hi Christian, In windows you can open Rhino in Safe Mode via Windows Start. This disables all plugins and runs with minimal graphics drivers. You can then go to File>Properties>Plugins and disable 3rd party plugins as needed (you’ll need to accept loading a few plugins to get to the Properties dialog) . Close then try to open your Rhino normally.

1 Like

I disabled all the plugins I don’t need or use and it was finally able to work, thank you!!

It’s just strange how this happened out of the blue especially since the last time I used Rhino I never downloaded or activated any plugins haha. But thank you so much for your help! :smile: