Rhino Inside Revit Add Floor Component VS Add Roof Component

Hi,

I am trying to create floors using the Add Floor component, but the later is not working. The error message I get is:

1. RhinoInside.Revit.GH: The input curve loops cannot compose a valid boundary, that means: the “curveLoops” collection is empty; or some curve loops intersect with each other; or each curve loop is not closed individually; or each curve loop is not planar; or each curve loop is not in a plane parallel to the horizontal(XY) plane; or input curves contain at least one helical curve.

2. Transaction RolledBack and aborted.

I have tried to use the Add Roof component and it works fine.

Anyone knows what is the problem here?

Thanks

Hi @douniatouil,

‘Add Floor’ takes a list of boundaries, and creates a floor for each list.
Have in mind that you can provide internal boundaries.

To use the data you currently have right click on the ‘B’ input and pick ‘Graft’, this will convert your list into a list of lists.

1 Like

Hi Kike,

Thanks a lot for the speedy reply! It works perfect now :slight_smile:

Cheers

Hi kike.

Im getting the same message but I have only one curve.

this was a nurbs curve and I converted to arcs so I can use the Pick curve in revit.

Do you know how to solve this?

Thanks

James

@jameschadud

Can you share here the curve in a 3dm file or as an internalized Curve parameter in a .gh file?
As a NURBS and as Arcs please.

Thank for the prompt reply.

Sure. Here it is.

Thanks
Curves.3dm (148.2 KB)

@jameschadud,

There is a problem with this arc here, the radius is huge.

I managed to transfer it any way, but I would not be surprised that an arc with an even longer radius fails again.

1 Like

This solves the issue!

So I should keep in mind about this next time

Thank you so much!

James

And we should improve the error message now that we are aware it may happen. :sweat_smile:

The fix is included now in the daily build.

2 Likes

Thats good to know!!