Rhino.Inside - Curtain Wall to Surface

I’m trying to find a way to either get a perimeter curve or simplify the curtain walls into a single plane. Bounding boxes don’t work because they lose a lot of the info that’s coming from revit.

Does anyone know if there’s an easy way to get the shape and height of curtain walls and windows just like a simple plane? I was using the classic Revit Sample File and noticed that if you query the centre line (reference plane) of the wall profiled walls and height offsets aren’t tracked properly.

Thanks in advance!

Curtain Wall to Surface.gh (12.2 KB)

Hi Rismail88,

You can cast straight to a Surface, another component you might find useful is Element Bounding Geometry. It returns a box (sans openings in a regular wall)

I’ve tied this already. However, it doesn’t work well. Both don’t account for profiled walls or height offsets. I was thinking of potentially querying for curtain panels only and then try sorting the points into an interpolated curve. I’m hoping there’s an easier way.

You didn’t mention that condition, please try the Host Boundary Profile

Thanks for the prompt replies. That seems to be the solution but it’s not working on my end. I’ve tried a few different attempts. The only one that returns anything returns the wrong walls.

Ps - I’m just noticing a screenshot didn’t get included in my initial post. Sorry

I’ll need more information to be able to help, can you provide your test file?

For sure, let me know if you have any issues with the file below. Thank you.

racbasicsampleproject_R22.rvt (18.0 MB)

Oh, the RacSampleProject… That is not ideal for testing (they just upgrade it each release)

You have 3 conditions from what i can tell. Standard, Profile Based and Curved.

re-wall surfaces.gh (7.9 KB)

Thanks Japhy that does seem to work! It’s so strange that the revit sample project doesn’t process properly. However, when I draw my own curtain walls everything is fixed.

I’ve also added a few nodes to query all glazed elements - removing the manual step.

Thanks again!

Hi Japhy,

Apologies for reopening this topic. However, I need to query the glazing in my project by category and workset and then retrieve a simple profile. For whatever reason, I can’t recreate what your script did when I do this.

I also tried to dispatch geometry by text to see if the trimmed surfaces would return the glazing but this also didn’t work. Not sure how else to go about this.

I’ve internalized some data - let me know if this file works for you.

Thank you,

Query Glazing_Maintain Profile.gh (22.2 KB)

The Revit Components need the associated project, can you upload your sample and I will take a look. Thanks