Rhino for Mac Wenatchee 5 Build 2013-10-16

(Marlin Prowell) #1

There is a new Mac Work In Progress (WIP) build available, Wenatchee 2013-10-16.
This Mac release includes all applicable updates and fixes from the first release candidate for Rhino for Windows V5.6 (SR6 RC 1).
This Mac WIP release also includes these Mac-specific changes:

• Changes:
    • All applicable updates and fixes from the first release candidate for Rhino for Windows V5.6 (SR6 RC 1) have been added.
    • The dashed version of ViewCaptureToClipboard and ViewCaptureToFile have been removed. These commands almost always failed.
    • Several OpenGL drawing enhancements have been added.
      • Rotating and panning views is faster.
      • Resizing windows is faster.
      • Drawing new geometry is much faster.
      • These enhancements are not available on Intel HD 3000 or Intel GMA series GPUs. These GPUs cannot support the necessary OpenGL features that provide the speed increases.
  • Bugs:
    • The OpenGL drawing changes have the side effect of turning off anti-aliased drawing for certain AMD GPUs. Rhino requests anti-aliased drawing for the AMD GPUs, and the operating system does not report any error, but the resulting output is not anti-aliased. We are working with Apple to resolve this.
  • Fixes:
    • Several Rhino crashes have been fixed.

Requires OS X Lion (10.7) or later.

Download Now...

(Marlin Prowell) #2

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

The legacy options, ‘Use text field for command line…’ and ‘Always provide an input field…’ seem to be broken.

Honestly, I don’t know how to use Rhino without a command line :grin:

Zoom to dragged window also seems a bit broken :frowning:

Hello, I just downloaded the latest update and suddenly my File > Settings command doesn’t work, the Settings Window doesn’t open at all, which is quite a problem, especially because I need to change the Units all the time.

Is there a way around this?

Thank you very much!

this update, works so bad…
drag window zoom is not work in the best way.
when using a kind of tool this is what happens

or this

(Marlin Prowell) #7

See Command Line GONE :(

(Marlin Prowell) #8

This will be fixed in the next WIP release.

(Marlin Prowell) #9

I am not able to duplicate this. Please post your OpenGL settings from the OpenGL preferences panel.

MeshtoNURB doesn’t work! I’ve tried it with two different .obj objects. All I get is an empty dialog box with an “OK” button and the pinwheel of death.

This is really, really aggravating. I was using the old version all day using this basic command several times with no problem.

this is my Open GL settings

(Marlin Prowell) #12

This will be fixed in the next WIP release.

(Marlin Prowell) #13

I see you have both an external display and you have anti-aliasing set to 4x. Both of these require extra graphics memory. Your graphics chip has 256 MB of VRAM and you are likely overtaxing the video memory requirements.

Try reducing the anti-alias setting or setting it to None, unplugging the external display, or closing the laptop lid (to turn off the laptop display) and see how that affects the problem.

(Marlin Prowell) #14

(Marlin Prowell) #15