There is a new Mac Work In Progress (WIP) build available, Wenatchee 2013-10-18.
This Mac release includes all applicable updates and fixes from the first release candidate for Rhino for Windows V5.6 (SR6 RC 1).
This Mac WIP release also includes these Mac-specific changes:
- All applicable updates and fixes from the first release candidate for Rhino for Windows V5.6 (SR6 RC 1) have been added.
- Several OpenGL drawing enhancements have been added.
- Rotating and panning views is faster.
- Resizing windows is faster.
- Drawing new geometry is much faster.
- These enhancements are not available on Intel HD 3000 or Intel GMA series GPUs. These GPUs cannot support the necessary OpenGL features that provide the speed increases.
- The dashed version of ViewCaptureToClipboard and ViewCaptureToFile have been removed. These commands almost always failed.
- The OpenGL drawing changes have the side effect of turning off anti-aliased drawing for certain AMD GPUs. Rhino requests anti-aliased drawing for the AMD GPUs, and the operating system does not report any error, but the resulting output is not anti-aliased. We are working with Apple to resolve this.
- The legacy command line drawing window has been restored but, really, you don’t need it.
- Problems with the File > Settings panel have been fixed.
- The MeshToNURB command has been fixed.
Requires OS X Lion (10.7) or later.