Rhino for Mac Wenatchee 5 Build 2013-10-18

(Marlin Prowell) #1

There is a new Mac Work In Progress (WIP) build available, Wenatchee 2013-10-18.
This Mac release includes all applicable updates and fixes from the first release candidate for Rhino for Windows V5.6 (SR6 RC 1).
This Mac WIP release also includes these Mac-specific changes:

• Changes:
    • All applicable updates and fixes from the first release candidate for Rhino for Windows V5.6 (SR6 RC 1) have been added.
    • Several OpenGL drawing enhancements have been added.
      • Rotating and panning views is faster.
      • Resizing windows is faster.
      • Drawing new geometry is much faster.
      • These enhancements are not available on Intel HD 3000 or Intel GMA series GPUs. These GPUs cannot support the necessary OpenGL features that provide the speed increases.
    • The dashed version of ViewCaptureToClipboard and ViewCaptureToFile have been removed. These commands almost always failed.
  • Bugs:
    • The OpenGL drawing changes have the side effect of turning off anti-aliased drawing for certain AMD GPUs. Rhino requests anti-aliased drawing for the AMD GPUs, and the operating system does not report any error, but the resulting output is not anti-aliased. We are working with Apple to resolve this.
  • Fixes:
    • The legacy command line drawing window has been restored but, really, you don’t need it.
    • Problems with the File > Settings panel have been fixed.
    • The MeshToNURB command has been fixed.

Requires OS X Lion (10.7) or later.

Download Now…

(Marlin Prowell) #2

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

The zoom to window function is still broken…this is an absolutely necessary function in order to ‘refresh’ Rhino’s field of zoom whilst navigating around a model.

See attached screen captures.

Rectangular Array function only seems to work for arrays in multiples of 10 in the X direction. (eg. 10, 20, 30, etc)
Any other number used (even 1) while typing in the number in X direction will cause the number in Y and Z to default to the same number typed in X. And the function stops working after entering the value for Z.

yes. drag window zoom, still not work properly.

And the bug with the open GL anti-aliased, is worse then the previous version.
I try all your tips and the problem continues.

(Marlin Prowell) #6

Yes, we are aware of this and are still working on a solution. This was listed in the Bugs section for most of the copies of the release notes (like here: http://dev.rhino3d.com/2013/10/rhino-for-mac-wenatchee-5-build-2013-10_18.html) but accidentally got dropped from this posting.

(Marlin Prowell) #7

I cannot duplicate this. I arrayed a simple box x=2, y=4, z=6. Please see Reporting Problems and give a very detailed description of what you do each step so we can duplicate what you are doing.

(Marlin Prowell) #8

There weren’t any changes between 2013-10-16 and 2013-10-18 that would affect OpenGL anti-aliasing.

You are the only one reporting a garbled display, so I need some careful testing on your part to help me find where the issue is.

First, unplug your external display. I want to get your computer to a minimum hardware configuration.

In Rhino, change the anti-aliasing setting to None and restart Rhino. In fact, every time you change the anti-alias setting, please restart Rhino. This ensures that all Rhino windows are using the same anti-alias setting.

Now make your tests with this configuration. Do you see problems with a garbled display, or any other problems? Please be specific about what kind of problem you see, and what exactly you are doing when the problems occur.

ok.

One display (macbook pro), anti-aliasing set to none.
Is working fine.

One display (macbook pro), anti-aliasing set to 4x
Is working fine

One display (macbook pro), anti-aliasing set to 8x
Is working fine

One display (external, Macbook pro with display down), anti-aliasing set to none
Is working fine

One display (external, Macbook pro with display down), anti-aliasing set to 8x
Is working fine

two displays (external, Macbook pro), anti-aliasing set to none
when openning the macbook lid:

(reported to Mcneel)

Second try:
two displays (external, Macbook pro), anti-aliasing set to none
working fine at the moment.

I wil keep this settings throw the day, to see what happens.

Thanks for your help.

(Marlin Prowell) #10

(Marlin Prowell) #11