Rhino for Mac Wenatchee 5 Build 2013-12-23

There is a new Mac Work In Progress (WIP) build available, Wenatchee 2013-12-23.

This Mac release includes all applicable updates and fixes from Rhino for Windows V5.7 (SR7).

This Mac WIP release also includes these Mac-specific changes:

• Additions:

• Rhino for Mac has been updated to Rhino 5 Service Release 7.
    • The gumball settings panel and popup menu have been implemented.
    • Typing expicit values for moving, scaling, and rotating objects with the gumball has been implemented.
    • The MPlane and PointDeviation commands are implemented.
    • Export DirectX, XGL, X3D, POV-Ray, Cult3D, and Moray UDO modules have been implemented.
    • Import GHS, Recon M, and DirectX modules have been implemented.
  • Fixes:

• In single window mode, the Osnaps panel has been moved from the left sidebar to a popover button in the toolbar.
    • Changing layer colors in single window mode no longer dismisses the popover panels.
    • Detecting the trackpad for 2013 MacBook Pros has been fixed (again).
    • Fixed error when running MatchCrvDir command.
    • Other crashes have been fixed.
  • Bugs:

• Artistic viewport mode crashes on Intel Iris GPUs and has been disabled when running on that GPU.

Requires OS X Lion (10.7) or later.

Download Nowā€¦

This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.

display styles - technical drawing - edge thickness does not work
zoom window - this command requires antialiasing set to none etc. popupā€¦

I understand your first line. There is a problem with the display parameters that are shown for Technical display mode, and the parameters for setting edge thickness are not shown. This will be fixed in the next WIP release.

I do not understand your second line of words. I need you to use punctuation and write complete sentences for me to be able to understand what you are trying to say.

First of all - I had a really hard time registering for this account. I have an account already, but I never received the email reminder email. I then used the Google login method and got to the registration form - but there the submit-button was disabled. Since Iā€™m a software developer I simply hacked the page and enabled the button, but most others wonā€™t know that this is (usually) possible and will thus not be able to registerā€¦

Then - beta feedback for Build 2013-12-23:
I had 6 files open and my computer restarted (unrelated). When I re-started the Rhino beta, I was asked if I wanted to recover these (I really didā€¦) and then I got the notice about getting this new version. I then downloaded, updated & restarted. I got the same request (6 unsaved files) and replied yes to all. Only one of these files opened and it was empty. In other words - the recovery mechanism is probably flawed in some way.

Other than this - all good so far and thanks for making it available!

I have problems with right mouse button using the magic mouse: I canā€™t use the right button as ā€˜Enterā€™ command. I suppose that itā€™s an issue of this version.

Hi.

Iā€™m having problems with the newer versions. At the this time rhino have 4 days left to expire, I have allready done the update, 3 times now. But rhino still says that will expire at first of February.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œMr_Marques, post:7, topic:4767, full:trueā€]Iā€™m having problems with the newer versions. At the this time rhino have 4 days left to expire, I have allready done the update, 3 times now. But rhino still says that will expire at first of February.
[/quote]

see this thread: