Rhino 7 - Vray 5

Hi,
I don’t now why I can’t switch VRay5 as Current Render Engine.
While I’m changing it from Tools, Rhino says: “Comando: _ImpostaPlugInRenderingCorrente
Comando sconosciuto: _ImpostaPlugInRenderingCorrente”

Is it possibile to solve the problem rapidly? I’m using a trial version of VRay and I’m loosing day of trial.
Thank you
Sincerely

P

Hi,
The _ before the command name means to execute an English command with that name. Since there is no _ImpostalPlugInRenderingCorrente English command (but probably Italian one), either drop the _ or switch to English UI.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work either, I’ve already tried
the command works but then the only option in bar is rhino instead of vray

Unfortunately it doesn’t work either, I’ve already tried
the command works but then the only option in bar is rhino instead of vray

Hello @piergiorgio.marvaldi,
Does _SetCurrentRenderPlugin "V-Ray for Rhino" work for you?
If the issue persists and you are not able to set V-Ray as the active renderer, please reach out to support@chaosgroup.com , refer this forum thread and also request a reset of your trial period.

Kind regards,
Peter

@Peter.Chaushev Since V-Ray and Bongo 3 doesn’t work together I setup a button to load the needed plugin but I can’t set the render plugin per script. Do you have an idea how to fix it?

Hi Micha,

I believe (you didn’t show the whole command log), that you’re calling SetCurrentRednerPlugin while another command is still running. Apparently SetCurrentRednerPlugin cannot be called transparently.

Please make sure you’re calling !_SetCurrentRenderPlugin "V-Ray for Rhino" - that will cancel any running commands

I believe you’re calling -_Options _Plugins

1 Like

Thank you for your hint. You are right, the previous command was not finished, an _Enter was missing. This works:

-_Options _Plugins _Load _FileName "C:\Program Files\Chaos Group 5\V-Ray\V-Ray for Rhinoceros\V7\VRayForRhino.rhp" _Enter _Enter
_SetCurrentRenderPlugin "V-Ray for Rhino"