Rhino 7 resets all customizations on a regular basis

Starting a month ago, Rhino has been resetting my custom settings (keybinds, colors, macros, window layout). Sometimes it doesn’t happen for days, but for example, today it has already happened three times. It’s gotten to the point where I have a shortcut to the Rhino settings folder and a folder with my settings on my desktop so that I can quickly paste them into the folder after a reset. While I can work like that, it’s incredibly annoying since Rhino resets while I’m working, and I have to close everything to go through the recovery process.

I noticed it happening in two cases:

1. When I’m opening files sent by other people. While I couldn’t figure out a pattern, these files are mostly created with the German version, while I use the English one. My colleagues are using Rhino 5, 6, and 7, so I haven’t been able to determine if it’s related to one of the versions yet. It doesn’t always happen, and I couldn’t reliably reproduce it with files that I have experienced this issue with. Usually, I notice it when my toolbars have disappeared.

2. The second event that seems to cause the issue I just observed by coincidence, and it started with the autosave being triggered. The osnap toolbar at the bottom of the window disappeared, followed by my background color changing back to standard and my shortcuts not working anymore.

Interestingly, the osnap toolbar doesn’t disappear in the first case when a foreign file seems to cause the issue and only appears in connection with the autosave.

Anton@Anton
Host: Razer Blade
Kernel: 10.0.19045
Uptime: 7 hours, 27 mins
Packages: 4 (scoop)
Shell: bash 5.2.21
Resolution: 1920x1200, 1920x1080
DE: Aero
WM: Explorer
WM Theme: Custom
Terminal: Windows Terminal
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (12) @ 2.210GHz