Rhino 7 Evaluation Expired

Today, 11.22.20 I downloaded the Rhino 7 Evaluation. After install and opening the program for the first time I am being prompted that Rhino is already expired when the actual expiration date is 2.22.21. Is this a glitch or have I missed a step/done something wrong in my install?

1 Like

same here

Hi - please contact sales@mcneel.com to get you sorted with the eval licensing.
-wim

Did you receive a Rhino Evaluation license key (Please DO NOT post it here)?

Were you asked to enter it?

I looked up your license based on the email address you used to login to this forum, and I see that it hasn’t been used yet. You’ll need to enter your license into Rhino in order to use it.

I thought I had entered it. Proved me wrong you have. Thanks!

1 Like

My license has expired and i have a project that needs to be completed. I am a student. What can I do? I have the license number

You’ll need to purchase a permanent license.
Since you’re a student, you should qualify for EDU pricing.
Details can be found on the Student and Faculty tab on the Buy page.

When I type in my licence key it says that it is not valid or it has been disabled. But I have just downloaded the rhino 7 evaluation, and in the confirmation email in which there is the licence key, it says that it is valid until 29th of January 2022. Why does it not work? It does not work at all. Please I need help

Hi -

The confirmation eMail doesn’t check your previous history of using an evaluation version. When you try running it, that history will be checked. You started your 90-day evaluation on July 28th and that period has now passed. In order to be able to continue Rhino, you will need to purchase a license. Note that if you are a student, you qualify for an 80% discount for a license that you will be able to use indefinitely (or, as long as you run it on hardware and an operating system that Rhino 7 is designed for).
-wim

1 Like

But what history? My sister has used Rhino for a period using the same laptop, but now she bought a new one, and I want to create my own account using the laptop that she previously used. Is it because it has been previously installed on this laptop, or I do not get why it would do that!? Many thanks

Hi -

It’s a combination of things. Please contact sales@mcneel.com for more information.
-wim

Hi,
I seem to be having the same issue. I downloaded the Rhino 7 Evaluation today (29/11/2021) and opened it, was asked to enter an email address and licence key. When I enter the licence key I recieved in an email , it says the licence is invalid of has been disabled. The licence key says it should be valid until 22/02/2022. Any suggestions as to what i should do next?

Hello- please see

-Pascal

@Pascal,

with so many double/triple evaluation attempts, wouldn’t it make sense for Rhino to have more descriptive message when that case is detected, other than “Invalid License”, basically telling people that the trial period time on their computer has been used up, no matter how many different email accounts/trial requests they use?

I feel like you guys are spending a lot of time answering the same question over here…

–jarek

1 Like

Yeah… but if people can’t figure out why it might not be working any more and don’t have more sense than to ask official support how to continue to cheat, I doubt it’ll help much.

If you are not McNeel staff, then please ignore these messages - thanks.

– Dale

Hi Jarek - I think all of this will tail off quickly once the current crop of cheaters is decimated… My guess is Brian figured that the effort, evewn if possible, to detect these cases and handle them was not justified in the long term, but, I just made that up…

-Pascal

hi Pascal, yeah, I guess this could be the right approach, fingers crossed.

The existing approach is also resulting in some new sales for us so I would hate to break that by optimizing the user interface to keep people away from discourse.

2 Likes

Hi,
I seem to be having the same issue. I downloaded the Rhino 7 Evaluation today (15/01/2021) and opened it, was asked to enter an email address and licence key. On entering the license key, it says that licence has expired whereas the mail says it should be valid until 15/04/2022. Any suggestions as to what i should do next?