Rhino 7.5 grasshopper ribbon issues

Hi everybody,
I’ve recently updated Rhino from 7.1 to 7.5. Unfortunately, after the update, Grasshopper doesn’t load all the plug-in tabs. Most of the plug-ins work but I cannot visualize them in the ribbon. Other plug-ins simply stopped working. In fact, when I try to run them typing a command in the canvas this happens:
I’ve also tried to update to 7.6 SRCandidate, but I didn’t solve.
I hope you can help. Thanks

1 Like

Hi -

I’m afraid I can’t recall having run into that issue before.

Updating or reinstalling Rhino would only affect the components that are part of Grasshopper itself. It won’t solve anything for 3rd party plug-ins. I would try to delete the plug-ins that are misbehaving and reinstalling those.
-wim

Already tried, but it didn’t work.

What are the exact steps that you took?
Are any of the default components affected?
If not, which of the other plug-ins are affected and does that apply to all of the components of those plug-ins?
We need more information from you…
-wim

Hi Wim, thank you for your interest and your suggestions.

I removed the .gha files from the Component Folder and the eventual user objects (in the case of Ladybug legacy). Then I restarted Rhino. Then I copy/pasted again the .gha and the user objects in the specific folders (unlocking them first). Then I restarted Rhino again.

No default components are affected, except kangaroo, but I don’t know if
It can be considered a default component…
A lot of other plug-ins were affected: Lunchbox, Elefront, Anemone, Heteroptera etc. I can call the components typing in the canvas, but I can’t see them in the ribbon.
Furthermore, I get a strange error message from Ladybug: 1. Solution exception:Ribbon could not be populated 32 times in a row.
I’m attaching a screenshot in which you can see some components taken from the affected plug-ins

Hi -
You can try restarting Rhino and then running the GrasshopperLoadOneByOne command. This will give you an opportunity to block certain plug-ins from being loaded. Since Ladybug is throwing that error, you can start by not allowing that to load and see if that helps with the other plug-ins. If that doesn’t help, you’ll have to restart and prevent another plug-in from loading.
-wim

Hi wim, thank you for your answer
I had both rhino 6 and 7 installed.
I solved by uninstalling everything and removing all the plug ins that worked only in rhino 6. Then I installed rhino 7 again and all the third part plug ins working with it
Now everything is fine

2 Likes