Rhino 6 Performance Problems

If you TRY ANY of this with internal computers …

… you MUST be CERTAIN that computer is COMPLETELY DISCONNECTED, even via wireless from your internal network. Also, you MUST wipe ALL in-development routines from your installation. Finally, you MUST MUST MUST back the PC’s components back to mid-level components using PREVIOUS “Drivers” duplicating what you’re seeing in your users’ posts. Otherwise you will NEVER 1. be able to trace a particular problem back to a particular old driver ( the ONLY way to substantiate any such claim - the ONLY way ) 1. “Duplicate the problem on our machine” because YOUR machine is optimized in ways YOU can’t document and 2. YOU can’t attach to a particular user-problem OR YOUR SOLUTION, and 3. be CERTAIN that YOUR solution is reliably duplicable on your user’s system twho’s system is TOTALLY disconnected from your internal development system and processes.

I can already hear it from here: "I can’t see why we need to do all of this … " Just to let you know - It took 3 of my previous employers sometimes almost a year each, to trace down problems of this general sort even tho I’d tried to persuade them REPEATEDLY once I’d identified this as a major issue for each of them. Once they recreated from SCRATCH their Client Operating Conditions (a term I had to coin to guide them through their version of what you’re facing here), they were NOT ONLY able to trace the problems back to isolated variables (check on that - you’ll see … ) but were SUDDENLY able to ACTUALLY SOLVE the problems they were facing !

Ok, I’ve handed you the " GOLDEN Key". Its up to YOU what you do with it. No apologies offered or implied.

Good luck - Chuck.

Anything come of this?

Dennis

@theoutside was on vacation this last week. I’m hoping to hear back from him next week.

Awesome. Thanks.