Rhino 6 and WIP load nothing from a 42Mb sldprt file

I see this in the command area

Opened file: D:\Downloads\star-trek-galileo-7-shuttle-craft-1.snapshot.1\Shuttlecraft Galileo.SLDPRT

Part		 - Shuttlecraft Galileo.SLDPRT

Successfully read file “D:\Downloads\star-trek-galileo-7-shuttle-craft-1.snapshot.1\Shuttlecraft Galileo.SLDPRT”

But nothing has been added to the Rhino file, that I can see.

Is there a log that I could examine?

I’m not sure if I can upload the offending sldprt file as I downloaded it from GrabCad and you need to login to do that but, if you have an account (they are free) then you can download it from here: https://grabcad.com/library/star-trek-galileo-7-shuttle-craft-1

Here is the result of the import :wink:

tumbleweed.3dm (18.6 KB)

Hello - can you please upload the sldprt to tech@mcneel.com ? That way it will not be public.

-Pascal

It’s too big for my email client. Do you have an FTP site? Maybe I can send it from work… but that will have to wait a few hours.

There’s a tool on the Support page for uploading big files, or you could stage it at a cloud site like Google Drive, DropBox, etc.

We just became aware of this last week, and have a small example file.
It would be very helpful to get more examples.

Thanks

@jmcauley - upload to www.rhino3d.com/upload, with a link back to this thread in your comments - thanks.

-Pascal

Done

Hi @jmcauley - We got your file, thanks! Somehow V6 can’t read it, not sure why yet. I was able to open it in V5 though. It reads in fine. Do you have V5? If not, let me know and I’ll save it out as a 3DM file and upload it your way.

I’ll add a bug item for the V6 Solidworks importer.

Thanks. I have Rhono 5 and am looking at it right now. The model looks quite nice, I can’t wait to use it.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Sounds good :-). I’ll give you a heads up as soon as I hear from the developer.

RH-54469 is fixed in the latest Service Release Candidate