I’m experiencing a strange issue with Rhino 5 64 bit on Windows 10.
PC and Software specs:
Version 5 SR14 64-bit
GeForce GTX 1080 (latest driver update)
I’m working with Rhinoceros 8 hours a day so I know how it behave and what are the limitations, this is the first time it happens.
I proceeded like this:
- Applied (as usual) a TIF (11 MB - 1270 dpi - 3350*3350 px) texture to a small mesh cylinder;
- Rendered mode works like expected;
- All was fine.
- Closed file;
- Click on “Material Editor” tab to show the list of the existing materials (only 1) in the file;
- Rhino can’t load the material list and freezes without any errors so I have to force close.
So before closing and reopening file was working as expected.
I can’t figure out what the problem is.
Some interesting facts:
- Rhino crashes also when I’m creating a new White Matte.rmtl in a completely new blank document.
- Tried to restart PC with no luck.
- _RefreshAllTextures command with no luck.
- Using the 32-bit version all works fine, I can open the same file, copy and paste the same mesh cylinder into a new blank document, apply the same TIF texture without any problems.
- I’m usually working with much larger TIF files so I think the issue is not RAM or GPU.
- Same problem as this guy: Rhino 5 crashing when trying to edit material
- No plugins installed
Thanks for the help,