Rh7: Textures only correct when within block definitions

Dear all,
I reported this already with Rhino5 and was told it has been fixed in Rh6. I upgraded to Rh7 today and found out that the problem still persists: Textures often are not displayed correct. However, when you put the object into a block definition, the texture suddenly works. Am I doing something wrong here?

thanks
Cyana

Hello - please export the original object and the block version to a new file and post that here.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

thank you for your reply! Find the required files below. ‘Block’ is the original object, ‘File’ contains ‘Block’ as block definition.
Block.3dm (3.7 MB) File.3dm (504.1 KB)
Thank you for your help!
Cyana

Hi Cyana -thanks, I’ll need the texture files as well -
CTHorz.png
CTVertEnd.png

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

thank you for your efforts - below are the textures:
CTHorz CTVertEnd

thanks a lot!
Cyana

Hi Cyna - is there a simple texture image called

CTHorz.png

and

CTVertEnd.png

What you posted looks like it is a baked texture. Are those the actual images you are applying in the original model?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

yes, these two pngs are the textures used - they are hand drawn. You should be able to see it when you open the uv editor.

thanks
Cyana

Hi Pascal,

turns out that Rh7 induces a real texture mess - below an object that is displayed correct, however within the block definition it obviously uses a different texture.

thanks
Cyana

Hi Cyana - it is really unclear how these materials and textures should be assigned, can you please re-save the Block file and make sure to check the box that includes the textures in the 3dm file, so that I do not have to guess at how these are applied.

thanks,

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

sorry, I did not know this - I always thought that the texture is stored within the material. Here the block file with saved textures:
Block.3dm (3.8 MB)

thanks
Cyana

Hi Cyana - thanks, I see this now.

-Pascal

Another example:

During assignment, the texture looks correct. When the texture is assigned, the backside is displayed on the front (and the rear as well), and somehow tilted.
Below the file.
equ.012.CDCDistr.3dm (3.4 MB)
Thanks
Cyana