Render settings

Hello,

Is anyone able to help me with render settings? Each time I render a drawing (same file) in Rhino 6 the rendering looks OK until it is finished and then the whole drawing is in gray and white if I use Logarithmic tone mapping.

At one point I had what looked like a good render and clicked the [Set as Doc. Defaults] button. the issue has been happening ever since, I do not know how to revert this, or really what the settings should be, I’m still relatively new to Rhino and lost with some of the basics.

Thanks for your time, I really appreciate your help!

Annie

Hi Annie - please render a simple file - just a box or something, using the doc defaults and post that file here.
In the mean time, in the Render panel, you can scroll to the bottom and click on ‘Reset to Defaults’, that might sort it out.

-Pascal

Here is a visual of what is going on, playing with it a little more I’m beginning to think it has to do with Gamma settings and exposure but I am still not sure. I will post a small test file next. Thanks for your help!

Hello- 2.2 is the default gamma, this is the default for logarithmic tome mapping:

-Pascal

RenderTest.3dm (3.7 MB)

Thank you! I will try to adjust with 2.2 gamma, and the other settings in your screenshot. Fingers crossed! I also just uploaded the small file that you asked for before. I really appreciate the time that you are taking to help me troubleshoot this.