Regenerating Graphics huge delay

I have been using VisualArq for a few months and quite often I get a loading bar with a “Regenarating Graphics” message written on it. It appears to be triggered by commands not directly related to VA (when filleting curves , or when exiting a command hitting escape, for example). The issue is that the loading takes a really long time to the point where I might need to wait 5-10 minutes before resuming my work. Other times it will never finish and I have no option other than to use the task manager to shut Rhino down. As you understand this is really problematic for my workflow. Any advice or thought as to why this is happening will be grealty appreciated. I am attaching a screenshot of the issue below.

Hi @antonis.nikitaras,

This message is shown when VisualARQ needs to refresh the geometry of VisualARQ objects. This could be triggered by a non-VisualARQ command if the command modifies a VisualARQ object or an object that is referenced by another VisualARQ object, like a surface where a wall is extended to.

Normally that refresh is almost instantly, as not many VisualARQ objects need to be updated, and it’s very strange that filleting a curve or canceling a command may trigger a VisualARQ update, so my guess is that there is a bug in VisualARQ or something strange in your document.

Can you send us the model to visualarq@asuni.com and the required steps to reproduce the issue?

Thanks,

Enric

We have observed a similar issue. The regenerating graphics was 2 to 10 min or more. After a wile the CPU charge was 0%. We have found a corrupted VA object. After we have deleted this object, the regeneration graphics was much faster (10 to 60 sec)

Hi @simon12,

Those 10 to 60 seconds happen all the time you make small changes in the document? AFAIK, only plan and section view objects should take so much time to compute, and those views are only updated on request.

Enric

Hi,
We add several VA standard tree elements in our drawing. Now the regeneration is very long. 12 hours for 53% and 100% CPU. Is there a limit for this kind of elements ?

Hi @simon12,

When does this happen? Which command(s) are you running?

Do you have any plan view or section view in the model? Take into account that these objects use some sort of Make2D internally, which can be very slow on complex models. Try to use realtime plan and section viewports.

Regards,

Enric