Raster Output print not working

From that information it looks like there isn’t any GPU in your machine and that Windows has to do all the drawing. This is rather unlikely. Please find out which GPU model you have and install an updated driver for it.

I don’t know if it is good to mention that I use a Boot camped Mac

Hello - you’ll need a driver for your video card - you’ll need to sort that out first, I would say.

-Pascal

Hello,

Thank you for making me aware of this, you are right it doesn’t look like I have a graphic driver installed

Any suggestions? I am not knowledgeable about proper graphic drivers, I only use this laptop for school so I don’t need anything over the top or taking high quantities of space

Hello - you’ll need to determine what the graphics support is on this machine - that might only be possible at this point on the mac side, in system information. Once you know what the card is, you can go to the manufacturer’s website and get the appropriate Windows drivers.

-Pascal

@darshed14

Save the attached .zip file to your desktop…Double-click the .zip file to open it up…and then move the DeviceID.exe file to your desktop as well.

Once you have the .exe file available, double-click it to run it… Answer “yes” or “allow” to any dialogs or warnings that might popup… Then just take a screenshot of the application running.

Since it appears there is no driver installed, make sure the “Driver summary” checkbox is NOT checked…by default it should be unchecked…so just run the application, screenshot it, and then post it here.

Thanks,
-Jeff

DeviceID.zip (813.7 KB)

I was having the same issue today. But not in printing , but in viewports. In shaded, all fine. In arctic, all black. In rendered, looked more like arctic. I am using the latest sr. With updated drivers.
I am away from drawing for the time being, but will investigate further. Thanks,Mark
Maybe this is entirely a different issue.

Well things just got a little more stranger…

The app thinks there’s an AMD “vendor” somewhere, and yet none of the other information indicates an AMD device.

The DeviceID of 6821 for AMD is the “AMD Radeon R9 M370X” found in 2016 MacBook Pros… Does that at least sound right?

I would go here:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-r9-series/amd-radeon-r9-300-series/amd-radeon-r9-370x

And expand the Windows 10 64bit Edition and download the 8/27/2018 drivers and see if they install.

-J

Yes, that sounds right, thank you,

do I install it on the mac side?

No.
Jeff described installing Windows drivers on the Windows side.

Sorry, it just seemed to not want to install due to lack of hardware

Ya, that was somewhat expected…that’s why I said “see if they install” … I’m still looking into this…I’m tweaking the DisplayID app right now to show me more information…give me a few…

-J

I didn’t intend for that to sound harsh.
How long ago did you run the Bootcamp utility, partition your drive, and install Windows?
Was that very recently or some months ago?
I suspect the Windows installation, setup, and updating did not all get completed.

You might try the Bootcamp drivers from AMD… I was just trying to find you specific display drivers, based on a device ID…obviously that didn’t work.

https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/bootcamp

-J

My college from two years ago installed the Boot camp, I just recently opened the windows side again and updated everything.

So what does Windows think you have?

Right-click the Windows logo in the lower left…and select “DeviceManager” in the popup…

Then locate the “Display adapters” node and expand it…

What’s listed there?

-J

Understood, I will do that, thank you VERY much for your effort, I will try to find the right driver to work with my laptop if this one doesn’t, I don’t want to waste your time going through each one, you have been a big help.

-Darrin

Yes… you basically don’t have a driver at all… that’s what is displayed when nothing is installed…

With the Device Manager opened still… Right-click on the “Basic Display Adapter” and select “Update Driver” …

Then when the installer window pops up, select “Search automatically …”

What happens? Does Windows find a driver?

-J