Question: Installation of Rhino 5 (64bit) on Windows 8

The problem is that after installation Rhino5 on Windows 8 (64bit), 3 of the 4 viewports are working wel, but 1 viewport stays fixed. It’s not possible to pan/zoom etc. After closing the file, and re-open it, it wil be another viewport that stays fixed and the other 3 (or more) are working good. When I open that same file in the old Rhino4, everything works good. So temporarly I work with Rhino4, but of course, that is not the solution. Is there anybody who knowes what the problem can be here? Thanks for reply!

Have you tried restarting? I have been running rhino 5 on 8 64 since last november and have never seen this. I do run on mac under bootcamp though. Could it be a video driver thing or can you check Open GL settings under windows Rhino? Just some thoughts

It would be interesting to see if running 4view twice in a row to reset the viewports had any effect. You could also try closing the problem viewport (make it active then closeViewport), then you can make a new one using newViewport.

It does seem though as the problem one migrates around that something else is going on.

My first thought is in line with what @rhinorudi mentioned. Try updating the GPU driver to see if that helps. You could also disable accelerated hardware in Options>Rhino Options>View>OpenGL as a test to see if it’s GPU related.

Dear BrianJ,

Thank you for your answer on my question on the Rhino-forum 2 months ago.
You were right; updating the GPU driver was the solution to my problem.
Everything works fine now!

Kind regards,
Evert-Jan Boot
Utrecht - The Netherlands.

Dear Rhinorudi,

Thank you for your answer on my question on the Rhino-forum 2 months ago.
You were right; updating the GPU driver was the solution to my problem.
Everything works fine now!

Kind regards,
Evert-Jan Boot
Utrecht - The Netherlands.