Problem with dimension lines after latest update

The fix is already in Rhino 7 wip. Any user that has Rhino 6, can download and use the Serengetti (work in progress) release of the next version of Rhino.

As I explained earlier in this thread, this was a regression from Rhino 5 and many users were telling us that it was not working for them. These Rhino 5 users were updating to Rhino 6 and were expecting the same behavior as Rhino 5. It took a few releases for this to be addressed, but it was eventually rolled back to work like it did in Rhino 5.

The only sensibly option moving forward was to make Rhino offer the control of the dimension line between the arrow/tick. The user needed the power to decide in the documents, even having one file do the line and another not.

I believe the Rhino 7 SR0 2019-5-28 wip contains the control you are looking for. I just tested the fix on Friday. You can run Rhino 6 and Rhino 7 WIP side-by-side without issue. (if it is not in the public build, it will be there soon.)

You should be able to combine these three setting in the Annotation style under Text and Arrows to get any behavior that you are looking for.

If not, let us know:

• what you are doing
  • what happens
  • and what you expected to happen.
  • Send a file that we can work with as well.

Sincerely,
Mary Ann Fugier
McNeel Technical Support and Training
Seattle, WA