Print Width Error

It looks like VA 2.12.1.143 has a bug regarding print width
I am using Rhino 7 SR13 and VisualARQ 12.12.1.1543
Thanks.

Print Width Error.pdf (1.9 KB)
Print Width Error.3dm (2.7 MB)

Hi @archist97,

I have just reported this error. I’ll keep you posted about it.

Thanks. Alfonso.
I have seen print out related bugs again and again, over and over whenever a new version is out.
Please pay careful attention with this issue when releasing new version.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @archist97,

Which printing settings are you using?

Printing setting? Couldn’t you reproduce this error with your machine?
I’ve tried both Adobe PDF and Rhino PDF, but I see the error from both.
This issue is urgent one for users. Every architecture firm need to print out on a daily basis!
I was told from Enric that this error might be caused by HLR code of VA. Anyway I hope this bug shall be fixed very soon and same bugs will not repeated again in the future release.

Thanks.

I couldn’t get exactly the same result and I am using the same versions, so I am asking the printing settings, just in case I can get it like that. I guess you are using Vector output and Print Color, is that correct? Are you using the Hidden display mode?

I saw the other post, but it might not be the same error.

I can’t get same result always, either.
Thanks.

Hi @archist97,

Which other results are getting then? Are you printing from the viewport? Maybe a video of the process you are following could help.

1. through Model
    Print Width Error_Model
    Print Width Error_Model.pdf (24.3 KB)

2. through Layout
    Print Width Error_Layout
    Print Width Error_Layout.pdf (26.8 KB)

Thanks.

1 Like

Any news about this issue?
Thanks.

Hi @archist97,

We have been looking at this. I think you can solve it setting up your layer attributes like this:

With this settings you should be getting this result:

Here is the file:
Width.3dm (2.8 MB)

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

I realized I get error with print out when Print Width setting of each wall layers are mixed.
I tested print out with your file changing some settings.

I changed print width setting as follows.
Structure = By Parent (2mm)
Subtrate, Thermal, and Finish = By Layers (0,13mm)

Print out result looks like this.

Print width of all layers are replaced by thickness of Parent, 2mm

When it comes to your file, Width.3dm, print with of Substrate, Thermal, and Finish are set to “By Parent”, but print with of parent is set to default (hairline). That’s why the result looks fine.

is there something that I misunderstand or miss?

Thanks.

Hello @archist97,

I could reproduce it. I’ll keep you posted about this issue.

Hello @archist97,

Are you assigning values to the “Detail print width” or the “Layout print width” field in those layers? Which values? If you change these values to default, is the problem solved?

If you see the screenshot that I’ve attached, you can see the print width of parent is set in Model
The print result that I’ve shown is one from Model as well. Didn’t you say that you could reproduce the error? Where did you set the value? I’ve changed the value to default as you suggested in both detail view and layout, the problem still goes on in both Model and Layout.

Hello @archist97,

I got the same result as you by setting the width values in the “Detail Print Width”. If I set those values to default and set the values in “Print Width”, it is working fine printing from the layout but I get a similar result as you printing from the model:

So, maybe there is an error only when you print it from the model. If you print it from the layout, is it working fine? Please, could you send me your file, just in case I am missing something?

As I said, I got the error in both Model and Layout.
I used your file named “Width”. It’s same file.
Thanks.
Width_Edited.3dm (2.8 MB)

1 Like

Hello @archist97,

We have been looking at this issue. In the file you sent us, the “line print width” of some wall layers was set as “by parent”, so that it was taking the thickness from the layer os the style (which has got a value of 2). When you print this object from Top view, the section line is above the projection line and the printer takes the thickest one to print, which is the projection line. You can see this clearly by using the PrintDisplay command:

In order to solve it, you need to choose a different thickness for the projection print width. I send you the file back with a lower projection print width for the wall layers:

Width_Edited_fixed.3dm (2.8 MB)

Hi. Thanks for your replay.
Does this mean projection is represented not only behind or below section plane but also on section plane itself? If it does, does print width with projection always have to be set thinner than that with section?

Hello @archist97,

Not exactly. It means that, when you display the model from Top view, you still have a 3D model, not just a 2D section, so you have projected lines behind the sectioned ones. If these projected lines are thicker than the sectioned ones, they will be visible.

Yes, it should be always thinner. Is there any case where you think you would need projected lines to be thicker than sectiones lines?