Print line weight differences between identical rhino files

Trying to understand why I am getting different line weights when printing the same geometry in identical documents. Here’s the set up.

I made a layout with assigned line weights for a drawing and printed to PDF (Rhino PDF). I then did a save as and created a new line drawing in the same location within the copy of the original file. The curves for both drawings are assigned to the same layers with the same line weight settings in both files.

When I printed to PDF (Rhino PDF) in the second file the line weights in the new drawing were blown out/way lighter than the original. To try figuring out the difference I copied the new line drawing back into the original file in the same coordinates/layers and printed from that file. When doing this the line weights came out as they should.

With both files being identical copies (same layers, line wts, geometry, etc) what caused the change in the second file? Here are screenshots of print settings/layer trees in both files as well as the resulting PDF’s.
ASYM COVER_BLOW OUT LW_SCREENSHOT.pdf (160.9 KB)
ASYM COVER_NORMAL LW_SCREENSHOT.pdf (178.7 KB)
COVER_ASY_BLOW OUT PDF.pdf (1.2 MB)
COVER_ASY_NORMAL PDF.pdf (124.7 KB)

Hi Nate - please send the Rhino files to tech@mcneel.com, with a link back to this topic in your comments.

-Pascal