Plug in loading errors: Did a windows update break Grasshopper?

Some of my favorite plug-ins are failing to load.

Any suggestions for how to fix this? Could installing Dendro have caused this? Or would a Windows update have caused it? I’ve followed the link mentioned in the error messages below, but I don’t get it.

Please help. Thanks!

Here’s the error messages I’m getting in the command line when I open grasshopper:

Loading Rhino Render, version 1.50, Sep 23 2019, 14:39:26
Command: _Grasshopper
An error occured during GHA assembly loading:
Path: C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\Fattener.gha
Exception System.IO.FileLoadException:
Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\Fattener.gha’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Exception System.NotSupportedException:
Message: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Path: C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\PinchNSpread.gha
Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\PinchNSpread.gha’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Message: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Path: C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\shortestwalk-1-5-2.gha
Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\shortestwalk-1-5-2.gha’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Path: C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\Topologizer.gha
Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\Topologizer.gha’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

Looks like you got bitten by the harsher security of a newer .NET framework. You may need to put your plugins in a trusted location and/or unblock them.

How do I make my components folder a trusted location? How do I unblock them?

I am very unfamiliar windows. Switched from Mac in 2017 because I needed to run RhinoCam.

Thanks. I still don’t get how this happened. Windows 10 update?

1 Like