.NET Framework error when starting Grasshopper

Hi,
For some reason, without a real cause I can think of, I started getting this error in the Rhino Command Line when starting Grasshopper:

Message: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See <loadFromRemoteSources> Element | Microsoft Learn for more information.

I tried looking into the error message but all I could find is some corrections potentially to a machine.config file somewhere on my system which I can’t find.

Anyone ran into this issue before?
Thanks

Hi - are you on Windows or on Mac? Did you install a new plug-in for Grasshopper prior to this starting to happen?
-wim

Have you unblocked downloaded plugins?

This is typically an error you get when you have .dll or .gha files that are blocked.

Someone made a nice movie about it:

3 Likes

Hi @wim @gankeyu @arendvw

I’m on Windows, with Rhino 6.
I haven’t installed any new plugin.
I was only writing some code with the GhPython component. Just some basic IronPython code…

I went ahead and checked the Components folder just to make sure files aren’t Blocked, I unblocked 3 files there.

Seemed to solve the error :slight_smile:
Thanks