Please fix the view SafeFrame for V6

I really hope you can fix the viewports for V6, when working on renderings it can be a pain that the view only fits the width of the renderer, and ignores the height.

When working on a fixed render output I turn on the safe frame, but this is no little help when it is clipped if the view changes. I use a viewport WallPaper so I can set the model correctly.

I needed to do a product shot photoedit of a model and turned to Brazil and Neon. The photo is in portrait mode, so when I go from normal 4 view to maximzed view Rhino tries to keep the width of the view intact so it zooms in and cuts off “heads and feet”.

Thanks!

Visual representation:

I could not show the bride, so you have to cope with a more modern “to guys” setup :wink:

Filed…
http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-28478

Hi there.
I find the mentioned Safeframe-Issue NOT_YET_FIXED in Rhino 7 SR 26. What is the current status?
I think that this issue is critical and relevant for everyone using Rhino for rendering in “portrait mode”.

200x450px_Sign+Scooter
400x900px_Sign+Scooter.3dm (295.7 KB)

Hi Tim -

RH-28478 is still open and on the Future list.
-wim

1 Like

Any news on the SafeFrame issues in 8 Beta, when rendering in portraitmode or any resolution larger than the Viewport?

You mean this one.
Link
Yes, quite a nuisance.

1 Like