Picture frame image "not found"

Good morning Rhino friends,

I have noticed several times lately that bitmap images that I have inserted in to modelspace with picture frame work fine for a while, then at some later point when I open the file again, the images are there but with [Image not found: “path”] displayed on them. When I insert my bitmap images I am always careful to make sure that the embed option is set to yes-- so I cannot figure out why this is happening. I am not using the images as a texture but merely as photographic research that shows up in my layout drawings for the construction.

Any thoughts?

Hi Cosmas- if the image is still on disk, where it was when inserted, and Rhino does not see it, then we have a problem, whether embedded or not - otherwise, I guess we’ll need to reproduce a case where Embed=Yes and the image goes missing. FYI, I think we’ve changed the default in V6 to Embed=Yes…

-Pascal

1 Like

The plot thickens. I just picture framed a replacement image for the image described above that had [image not found] on it and the new image which I just posted (with embed=yes) ALSO says [image not found] even though I am just posting it:(

Is this strange?

Let me know what I can do to help, Pascal. Shall I upload the file?

Pascal,

responding to your above message, if an image is embeded why would it matter whether it’s original location has changed?

Hey Cosmas,

Were you ever able to figure out a solution to this? The same issue is happening to me…

That issue was a while ago, Studio, and it was in V5. The answer is it seems to have gone away. I would contact McNeel’s technical support if you are struggling with this.

Hello - are you running V5 or V6?

-Pascal