Personal settings transfer in Mac Rhino

Does anybody know if there is a way to transfer personal settings from one Mac rhino installation to another as with the OptionsExport / OptionsImport commands in the windows version?

copy the file - com.mcneel.rhinoceros.plist

http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/resetprefs

i’m hesitant to do that because (i think) some of the settings in the .plist are computer/display specific… on my 27" display, i may have panels set to popup at some specific location and these locations aren’t even available on my laptop (15" display)… i feel like there’s some things in the .plist which will cause conflict when transferring to another computer…
i’m not positive about this however.

fwiw, settings syncing between different computers would probably be my #1 wishlist item for rhino :wink:
especially if it were cloud based/automatic but i’d be happy with the ability for manually exporting/importing things like display modes.

I transferred my setup some years ago from a 27" iMac to a 15" Macbook without any problems. If things have not changed in the meantime it still seems the best way to go. I seem to remember that custom Aliases did not transfer, but this is a simple text file which can be transferred with copy/paste.

Max.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

It worked! Thanks for the help.