Persistent Web Browser

Weird one, and just an annoyance. I had tried having the Rhino Web Browser open, but don’t like it. I’ve tried a number of times in various ways to have my rhino open without that opening, but with no success. Opens with a new Rhino session no matter what I do.

Thoughts?

Hi @pascal - Any idea how to keep the web browser from popping up every time I open a rhino file? Thx

Hi Alan - is there anything in your startup commands? (Options > general page)

-Pascal

Thx for the relply. Nope, nuthin’.

Hmm… What did you do here, just open it and leave it open when Rhino closes? With no Rhino’s running, including in Task Manager > Processes or Task manager > Details, (sometimes they do not fully close) , if you start Rhino, web browser is open, correct? If you close web borwser and close Rhino and make sure it is fully closed as above, then start it once more… anything?

-Pascal

Trying now…

Not looking like anything
ANd yeah, I had opened it left it open one time, and now it is open with each time I open a rhino

Hi Alan - with Rhino closed, delete this file:

“C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\Plug-ins\WebBrowser (12d31efd-d3ee-4bcf-a856-d01320bb19f3)\settings\settings-Scheme__Default.xml”

-Pascal

No dice.

Hi Alan - you can see how much I use this tool… turn it off in DocumentProperties > Web browser page.
Might need to do this in your template file.
-Pascal

Ha, yeah, it’s really a great concept of a tool and every so often I try to use it again, but I think it may be time to let it die. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion - will give it a shot and report back for posterity.

Yep, that’s the ticket.
And now that I see where the option is, I get your comment about not using the tool – it’s got its very own glaring option area :sweat_smile: