PDF Layer Print Issue

Hi

I am trying to print a PDF file with layers using the Rhino PDF printer option. Quite simply it is a map on which when viewing we want to switch layers on and off. Despite the original file having objects in separate layers, when we print all the objects end up in one layer.

I have tried a couple of PDF views which support layers (Adobe’s own plus Foxit) and they show the same issue.

Any idea what the issue is?

Simon

Welcome @simon16
Not in V6. In Rhino V7 Pdf layers

Fred.

Thanks for the reply. I had not made clear that I have upgraded to v7 already. So the issue is current. The Layers appear in the PDF file, but all the contents are forced into one layer even though they are in separate layers in the original file

Simon

1 Like

Hi Simon,
Could you send me a file where this is happening? You should be getting layer data in your PDF, so this sounds like a bug

Sure - see attached. England 4.pdf (2.7 MB) England.3dm (17.1 MB)

Hi Simon -
I wasn’t able to reproduce that issue with the file that you provided. I’m attaching the result that I got here.
England 4-wd.pdf (934.7 KB)

Could you update to the current Rhino version and check if that issue persists?
-wim

Checking.

Wim - this now prints when I print the window but not when I try printing the layout included in the drawing. That still shows the same issue. For some reason when I print the drawing without using a layour the surfaces with in it only get printed as a perimeter. When I use the included layout they do print but all thge layers are forced onto 1 random layer.