Object snaps suddenly do not appear

Hi everyone,

Suddenly the object snaps are not appearing. I definitely did not change any settings, and just to make sure I went back into the options screen and hit “Restore Defaults.”

I am not sure when this began happening. A few days ago or do I did update, and here is what it says under Help > About Rhinoceros …

(6.21.19329.23181, 25-Nov-19)

Am I doing something wrong, please, or is there a problem with the update.

Thank you.

Stanley

Hi Stanley,

Could you provide some more details? Is the Osnap box not showing or are you not able to snap to geometry?
-wim

Hi Wim,

Thank you for your reply.

I have uploaded a screenshot of the situation. Numerous Osnaps are chosen, and the Osnap box is showing. But no object snaps appear.

Stanley

Hi @Stanley
Go to Options > Rhino Options > Modeling Aids > Cursor Tool Tips
Restore defaults on this page should set Osnap as checked. Does that fix it? Restore Defaults only changes the page you are on

Hi Fred_C,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, that did not solve the problem. Osnap, and only Osnap, was checked. But I still don’t have the functionality.

Incidentally, I didn’t know that Restore Defaults only changes the page you are on. I am glad to learn that, and that is a good feature.

So back to the main point, no, the object snaps are not showing. They do show if I have first selected the object and then I grab it. However, for example, if I just grab an object and drag it, then the object snaps do not appear. But perhaps that is the way it is supposed to work.

Maybe this is not that big a deal.

Stanley

1 Like

Hi Stanley -

check this setting to be sure:

-Pascal