Object not a Closed Polysurface after using Shell

Hello there,
I just started learning Grasshopper and Rhino3D and I ran into a bit of an issue.
I wanted to give this vase a thickness using Grasshopper so I downloaded Pufferfish in order to use the Shell node after Capping the holes in the lofted surface.

Now when I used the shell node it was asking for “Removal” which I figured out needs to be a number which then relates to a surface on the model. I tried all surfaces and all of them work properly aside from Nr 7.
When I shell using the top surface (Nr 7) it does not leave me with a closed polysurface yet all the other surfaces work properly.

What can I do to get a closed polysurface after shelling using the top surface for removal?

I included the GH file.
The shell node is all the way to the right and there’s a Data Dam too in case you’re not seeing changes.
Everything is clearly labeled.

Thanks in advance!

Vase

GH Question.gh (13.4 KB)

adding another lofting curve identical to the very last one just a tiny amount over +Z does the trick:

why this works? :slight_smile:
if you try to “manually offset” your 6 side surfaces -before adding the identical curve on top- here is what you get: self-trimming curves that do not completely cross your offseted surfaces

and from front view they look like this: they don’t extend up to the very top of the surface

what happens if you add another curve identycal to the last one, at +0.001 units along Z → everything straightens up because:
outer surfaces end perpendicularly to the surface created with CapHoles
inside surfaces also end perpendicularly to the surfaces created with CapHoles

from front view: they get exactly to the very same height of the whole loft

GH Question_Re.gh (22.2 KB)

[edit] silly note
of course you can put this extra section-curve at Z -0.001 as last-but-one item in the list (in such a way to not make your final solid 0.001 units longer than you initially wanted)

GH Question_ReRe.gh (24.0 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much!
Since I’m a beginner at Grasshopper and Rhino3D I’ll make sure to go through every node with some panels to figure out exactly what’s going on past the surface level until I truly understand how this works.

I appreciate the help!