NVIDIA GTX960M Graphics Card? Rhino crashing and black screen

I am having issues with Rhino crashing often and going to a black screen. I think it is because rhino is not recognizing my graphics card. How can I fix this and or update rhino to recognize my graphics card? This is a new computer. See attached image.

NVIDIA GTX960M

New machines don’t have necessarily the latest drivers installed. Driver date and version are not showing properly in your opengl info. You may want to try and update to the latest available.

/Nathan

Hi,

I also have a Geforce GTX 960M and both the latest installation of Rhino 5 and Rhino 6 display incorrect video memory - see the attached screen dump from Rhino 6. I have the latest GPU drivers installed. I’ve also forced the OpenGL setting for the GPU to always use the dedicated card. I should have 4GB of memory, not 128/64MB, as displayed by Rhino 6 and 5, respectively. Any ideas on how to fix this?

On another note, can texture compression be switched on in Rhino 6 at all? With large textures I run into issues displaying them at the moment where 6 won’t load the file whilst 5 will, if compression is on.

Finally, have I understood correctly that Rhino is generally limited to texture sizes of 16384 x 16384 at maximum, regardless of GPU memory? We have a couple systems with high performance Quadro GPU’s and they also display the same limitation?