No V7 in toolbar

How do I get a separate button in the toolbar for V7 which I can pin down?

Hei Siemen - I’m a bit confused about the word “Toolbar” and the part that is underlined in the picture.
Are you trying to put a start button for Rhino 7 on the desktop?
-wim

I’d like to pin V7 to my windows taskbar. But when I open V7, the icon for V6 gets activated (as you can see on the bottom of the image).

But then when I close V7 and click on the icon of V6, V6 opens up. I’d like to have a V7 icon which I can click on and opens V7.

I think he is referring to the problem that windows does mix up the taskbar icons for version 6 and version 7 as described inthis thread:

Thanks for that clarification. We have an open issue for this one - RH-61086 (not visible to the public) and I have added this thread to be notified when it gets fixed.
-wim

1 Like

Hi @siemen,

Just to be clear, it is only the running instances of 6 & 7 that get overlaid on the same heap with a random Rhino icon. You can still pin R6 and R7 separately so you can launch new instances from the taskbar. Just go to whichever you want in the Start list, right click the icon, select More and select Pin to taskbar.

Below you will see that I have a pinned R6, a pinned R7 and a stack of running Rhinos of mixed parentage (but their descriptions still identify which is which when I expose the stack members with a mouse hover)

Regards
Jeremy

To be honest, I think this is only more of a mess:
Now you have two Rhino 7 buttons/icons!
If you now launch a Rhino 6 instance it will NOT launch another Rhino 6 button, but the instance’s window will appear under the second Rhino 7 button.
No consistency at all.

Yeah, it isn’t cool; in a straw poll of some of the apps on my PC most program instances associate with the pinned icon, Rhino and Gimp being the exceptions.

Personally, I don’t pin things into the taskbar and I can cope with R6 and R7 instances sharing an icon.

But the OP did ask about pinning a separate R7 icon and I wanted to show that it can be done.

Thanks for the workaround! Not ideal, but better than having to search for it every time I want to open it.