No more pointer on my screen Heeelllpp!

Hello there,

I am stuck with my hino5 : no more pointer. I cannot drag objects from one place to another, nor measure … all these things that are so easy when it is here. Can you help me find out what is happening ? Here after a Screenshot, a picture owhat I have, and another of what I want

Hope you can help me quickly, I have urgent work to finalize …
Thank you in advance
And a happy New Year to everyone
Best
Véronique

Bien cordialement

Hi Veronique - do you have any plug-ins running that are not part of the basic Rhino installation? If so, please disable these (Options > Plug-ins page) and then restart Rhino - any difference?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I actually have completely unloaded Rhino and RhinoGold3 from my computer, and reloaded it.

I started with Rhino 4 and RhinoGold3 , then bought an upgrade to Rhino 5. I did the reinstallation it in 2 different ways : Rhino5, then Rhino4 (which was not necesseray as the computer told me that it was already done) and RhinoGold 3 first. As I still had the same problem, I unloaded and reloaded this time starting with Rhino4 and then installed Rhino5. At this stage, I still have the same problem, with no plugin.

Here is a screenshot of the options :

My screen is in French. If you could remind me how to put it in English, I’d appreciate as I do not remember and installed the English version as well.

Here is a screenshot of the Osnap.

I installed RhinoGold3. Rhino4 and RhinoGold3 work fine.

I still have the same problem with Rhino5. I cannot find mention of plugins in the Options menu.

Thanks a lot for your help

Véronique Pion

Logo VP Paris original VP SCJ

Tel : +33 (0)6 47 76 68 62

Siren : 809 535 610

www.vp-paris.com

One more thing, I am trying to work anyhow, and I am noticing that funnily the reinstallation I made instead of giving me the initial version of Rhino5, was reinstalled with my preferences. Is this normal ? It is the same with Rhino4.

Best regards

Véronique Pion

Logo VP Paris original VP SCJ

Tel : +33 (0)6 47 76 68 62

Siren : 809 535 610

www.vp-paris.com

Hi Veronique - what is this:

?

It does not look like something from Rhino to me - if you have any non-default plug-ins running like Rhino Gold please disable them in Options > Plug-ins page and then restart Rhino…

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

When I put the mouse on it, the tag says “RhinoGold-Material selection”. Actually the 5 last icons are for RhinoGOld, which, now that you mention it, is new to me. Normally I had other icons like.

Printscreen avec RG

I have no plug-in apart from RhinoGold.

I cannot find the plug-ins page in the Options menu. Where do I find it precisely ? Could show me on a picture, it would be helpful ?

Véronique

Hi Veronique-

in English Rhino-

hold on a bit, I’ll get an image from French Rhino.

-Pascal

I just disabled all and everything on this plugins page, apart from the Renderer development kit which check I could not take off. This is the printscreen I get now :

Nothing left ! … and still no possibilities to snap whatever object.

How do I get my toolbars back ?!

Véronique

Hi Veronique - Only disable Rhino Gold, nothing else… sorry - my image was meant to show you where to look for the correct check box, not to imply that you uncheck them all! The idea is to disable any plug-in that is not a default Rhino one - you can double check by filtering thew view (at the top) for ‘Plugins that do not ship with Rhino’

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Oups ! Sorry, I misunderstood. I corrected, and it is still the same : no snapping.

This is my new screen

Véronique

I am wondering if you had a Windows update at some point that caused the problem by somehow messing with your video driver. As you are on Rhino V5, can you post a screenshot of Options>View>OpenGL? (like the one below) If it’s not too recent, have you tried updating your video driver to see if that helps? (looks like mine needs to be updated too!)

Hello,

Hereafter a few screenshots : the one you requested, and 2 more concerning the recent updates on my computer :

Do you have the same list ?

I checked for an update of my video driver, and there is no update available.

Véronique

There IS a newer driver:
https://www.nvidia.fr/Download/driverResults.aspx/141220/fr

Hi Veronique - how did you check? If you ask Windows, it often lies - try the NVidia website and look for your card there.

Oh, I see JB has the link.

-Pascal

Indeed, I checked through Windows. Thanks a lot. I’ll run it tomorrow and let you know.

Véronique

I just updated the video driver with the link you sent me. It works again.

Thank you so much to you all !

Have a great day

Véronique

One more question : the tool bars on the left disappeared in the research process. How do I get them back ?

Thank you for your help

Véronique

Véronique, you can restore toolbars with the _Toolbar command.
The one on the left is called Main in the English UI.

Thank you very much Wim. I’m fully fit for work again!

Véronique

1 Like