New to Rhino and having trouble with curve network

Good evening or morning depending on the time you read this, My names Nelson, I am new to Rhino and i am having a problem with my ring design using curve network, I have it uploaded here.

I have it laid out in a format that i believe would allow me to create the right surface with curve network but it is not working for me.
I’m not sure if this is the right outlet but If there is someone wouldn’t mind giving it a look and telling me what i did wrong i would really appreciate it

rtc ring.3dm (949.3 KB)

Hi Nelson - to make NetworkSrf do something here you need to re-combine the curves - join, to begin with, NetworkSrf will not detect chains of curves as single curves, so join them up if you mean them to be a single curve. Then, Split them - the network needs to have curves in exactly two directions - you do not get to cross curves in the same direction - so something like this, where the white curves are one and the multi colors are the other direction:

You see the colored curves need to be split at the bottom each by the other - if you look closely at your curves, they do not actually meet at the bottom - you need to fix that, then rearrange as my image shows and it ought to work.
All that said, NetowrkSrf will not hold your hard corners around the top - it cannot - so make sure you inspect it closely there before sending it off to the printer, you may need to build it differently.

-Pascal

Thank you for your reply Pascal i will try it now

Well i got the curve network to work but now i don’t understand why i cant cap the surface
it says ( Unable to cap one object. The openings did not have closed, planar loops of edges. )
rtc ring (1).3dm (1.5 MB)

got it