Hi All, I have finally compiled a small set of wishes and suggestions I kept on napkins and sticky notes for past few months working on various projects. Here they are, in one post, no particular importance order. Some are brand new, some might have been discussed before, just hoping they can make their way higher on the pile and into V6:
- BoxEdit: add ‘Uniform’ checkbox to Scale input: it would grey-out the Y and Z and use X for all 3 directions
- TextDot: depth sorting within Dots: would it be possible to have dots still drawn in front of all other geometry but maintain correct depth sorting within them?
- UI: LayerMaterial – ability to right-click in Layer palette on material and copy->paste into another layer material
- Snap to Mesh Edges
- ExtractPipedCurve: what is the benefit of having it as a separate command? Could it be obsolete and ExtractRenderMesh work on PipedCurves as well (as it does on SoftenedEdges, Displacement…)
- Rotate (2D and 3D): when Copy is ON, another option to keep copying using the same rotate angle (added to the last one) – sort of manual ArrayPolar mode (similar to Copy->FromLastPoint=Yes; UseLastDistance=Yes ; UseLastDirection=Yes)
- Import Blocks Behavior: letting user decide what happens if the imported file has block definitions named the same as in the main file. A radio-button dialog for each conflicting block name should appear, and let user decide: 1) Use Original Definition, 2) Update with New Definition, 3) AutoRename New Blocks. There should also be ApplyToAll button to avoid having to click 5463532 times with complex files with many blocks.
- Viewport: ability to lock view manipulation (Indicated by Viewport Name color change?). Scriptable.
- Import Manager (‘Merge’ File?): Ability to import only selected content from Rhino file (by Layer, selected Block Definitions, by Object Type, By Name, Materials) – a lot of possible combinations here.
- Global Texture Mapping – as a part of Display Mode. Enable custom global mapping per display-mode that would apply to all objects. Optionally (checkbox): except for the objects with their own custom mapping
- Asset Tracking: An asset manager dialog that would display all the linked files (blocks, worksessions, bitmaps etc.) and also indicate the missing ones, so they can be selected and paths updated by the user.
- Methods to control CurvePiping settings and EdgeSoftening
- Rhino.ObjectByType – add optional argument: array of initial set of objects to take into account